By storyofmylife - 23/02/2011 21:52 - United States

Today, my boyfriend proposed to me. Everything was going perfectly, right up until he brought me back to his house to tell his family the good news. When I excused myself to the restroom, I overheard his mom say, "I thought you were going to break up with that stupid slut?" Welcome to the family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 524
You deserved it 4 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Before you marry into this family, you should have a frank discussion with your fiancé and let him know that you expect him to stand up for you to his mother - and anyone else - who would say disparaging things about you. Since his mother has been identified as a potential problem, he should speak with her in private ASAP to inform her that he didn't appreciate what she said and that further comments of that nature will not be tolerated. Good luck.

What a bitch. You should go out of your way to piss her off for the rest of her life. >:]

Comments

fr33z3y 3

yea you right being called a stupid **** isn't a bad thing -_-

everyone hates their in-laws. it's standard. my ex's mother found out i'm allergic to crab meat and kept trying to slip me some every time I came over. seriously, my boyfriend would bring me by for lunch, and every single time, crab meat sandwiches. except the time they told me it was tuna. she shredded crab into the tuna. evil woman. at least your mom in law only thinks you're a ****, she's not trying to passive aggressively kill you.

That doesn't make sense. You're writing in past tense and referring to him as your ex boyfriend. Clearly she wasn't your mother in-law yet and was doing her best to get rid of you.. it sounds like she succeeded!

sargeantbilko 5

just because you hate your in-laws doesn't mean that everyone does.

MyLifeIsGreat_ha 0

well maybe if you werent such a stupid **** this wouldnt have happened..you ever think about that???

just a point of interest, "Mother-in-law" is an acronym for "woman Hitler".

needsagf14 12
david000123 0

das funny cuz when I was in your moms bad she said I'm a ****/ hummmmmm,:)

terry19 0

either you are a ****, YDI or you are not, FYL

david000123 0

the mom is the only **** there no u?LOL