By Anonymous - 31/05/2012 10:22 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad started his mid-life crisis. Instead of a Porsche or a Ferrari, he bought a tractor. Goodbye summer holiday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 707
You deserved it 2 422

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tony1891 22

a tractor? doesn't sound like mid life crisis to me. sounds like he's starting a farm. all you need now is some animals.

I don't understand why this is so bad? So it's not a bad ass car.. Tractors hold value better anyway.

Comments

Are you kidding me!!! If you're 16 or older you can drive that bad boy. Tractors licence here I come!!

if you're 16 or older you can drive a regular car, too

mhopper 13

Yeah, driving a super slow vehicle sounds exhilarating

#17 OP is from the UK, we have to wait until we're 17 to drive a car, but it's 16 for a motorbike or tractor.

Llamacod 11

actually, depending on which state you live in, if you live on a farm you can get a "farmers" license at 14 where you can drive

Where i live you just have to be old enough to reach the cluth as long as your drivin from one part of your farm to the other

country4life17 0

Wouldn't hurt to do some actual work anyway bud. It's good for the soul.

mhopper 13

Maybe he meant to buy a Ferrari and was suckered in to getting the tractor? Salespeople are very convincing!!

caplox 6

think about it When you drive the tractor on the highway youll be getting a lot more stares than a porsh or ferrari!

My dad bought a fork lift the other day, we have no use for it but he thought it'd be cool.

marcoshid 4

i can understand that, i do stuff like that all the time.

Today he bought a building to put on the land he bought for the forklift...... Were a middle class family with bills to pay.. Fml

There's nothin wrong with tractors! I got one for my 16th birthday. I'll take a tractor over a sports car any day.

Wait, you drive around town in a tractor?

I love your photo 29. Really well composed.

Could be a whole lot worse. Besides, he's going through a tough time right now. Try to be a little more understanding, and don't get too upset about missing out on one summer vacation. All is not lost - believe in the Force.

Dad lookin to pick up a farmers daughter, good for him.

Reccyar2468 3

I wish my dad brought me a new tractor, i was driving our current one last weekend mowing a field to get some practice for my MO1 tractor competence test, there was so much rust on the roof that it kept falling on my head! I guess we will just have to get a new roof on it and do some more welding :). You can get loads of attachments for tractors, at my college we go to some lessons on a trailer with seats that is attached to the back of a tractor, you can buy sprayers, mowers, drills... and many other things that are controlled by the PTO on a tractor. Make the most of what you have! You could even go out and get paid to mow peoples fields if you want :)

all I could think about while reading this was that song she think my tractor sexy