By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

missethics 0

Your child is exceptionally dense. Sorry to hear that.

Haha, that'll be something to embarrass her by in years to come! ;) That's so awesome you'd do that, but I hope she/you keep the letter. It's one of those things you should keep... even to be embarrassed by later!!!

Vilen1025 0

Sorry to say this, but your daughter isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Considering she's eleven.

I think that was really sweet of you. FYL for have a daughter that can't tell the difference between reality and fiction.

Wow, her first boyfriend is going to have a field day with her.

irrelevantxx 0

YDI dumbass. You don't do that, jsyk.

Basically YD, I remember I believed it at 11 too, for all you people saying she isn't smart and should realize it's fake are idiots who obviously were very unimaginative kids at 11, but never toy with a childs mind and give them false hopes and tbh if I was in her position I woulda done the same thing.

I was creative, I just wasn't gullible. I had great creative ideas, but, let's just say I wouldn't believe that a person could fly around the world at a speed that would literally crush their body from the resistance of the air.

YDI for raising your girl to be that dumb.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

awwh. that's so funny // sad // cute. I love HP too ;D Just saw HalfBlood Prince last nightt(: WAS ******* AWESOME. Wanted to cry when Dumbledore died D: Ima cry more when Fred dies, though, in the last movie. But they're splitting Deathly Hallows into two movies and the last one doesn't come out until 2013! D: /end crazy Harry potter fan rant. anyways, OP: you meant well. it just ended up horribly wrong. I probably woulda been pissed, too. Did you bake her a lopsided chocolate cake? Or let her sleep under the stairs once? :P FYL, thoughh.

BodomBeachTerror 0

Uhm, wrong. Deathly Hallows Part 1 is scheduled for November 2010, and Part 2 for July 2011. I have no idea where you got 2013 from. But, yeah, YDI. Everyone's saying she should know the difference between fantasy and reality by age 11: That's true. But some kids (At eleven, I was among these) have a very vivid imagination. In the books, Hogwarts and the Wizarding World is completely hidden from Muggle knowledge, so, you know, for someone with a strong imagination it's not hard to believe that it's really there, and no Muggles (except J.K. Rowling, who they trusted to tell the story of Harry Potter) know it exists, and it's all been some giant plan to make us believe that it's only a place in a book. Just sayin'.

And Jo has said Hermione is based on her. She could actually be Hermione and she's been ghostwriting Harry's memoirs. Or something.