By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

kath91 0

When I was 11, I knew the difference between reality and story books, but still secretly hoped I might get a Hogwarts letter.

Keep her away from romance novels. If she gets to thinking those are real she has the potential not to just **** up her own life, but the lives of her husband and your future grandkids, too. Keep an eye on that one.

Mata_Hari 0

Rofl, very true. Not the best comment on this thread, but in the Top Ten...

tape the reaction and post it on youtube then ud b famous

Are you NUTS? How could you do that? She's eleven, she has dreamed about that scene for sooooooo long and now you just go, write a letter and disappoint her. I, and I am old enough to know it's not real, still think the owls couldn't find my house when I turned 11. You totally deserve it. If I were your daughter, I would never, NEVER, forgive you.

yourporcelainx 0

when I was 11 i also hoped for a hogwarts letter... and i would also have been pretty upset if my mom did that. nice gesture, but you shouldn't get ur kid's hopes up like that.

saminess714 0

I wanted a letter when I turned 11. :( It never came. This is both FYL and YDI. FYL because your daughter actually thought it was real. YDI because every 11 year old Harry Potter fan wants a letter that was kind of mean.

i wanted one so bad when i was 11 :L i loved HP so much i would have believed it :) she must have been so upset :(

vers_fml 0

my mother actually wrote me a hogwart's letter when i was 11, and tried to get me to believe it, but unlike the OP's daughter, i have the ability to discern fiction from reality. So, i just laughed and went about my birthday. It was fun, and i loved HP, but i wasn't about to fall for it. All 11-year-olds aren't stupid, people.

Ibeapirate 0

FYL for having a daughter who can't distinguish between reality and fantasy. And #120, it WAS Harry's 11th birthday when he received his letter. Fail. She did it right.

is ur kid retarded? Shes 11 she know whats fiction FYL