By Becky - 21/08/2009 23:51 - United Kingdom

Today, my family bet me $20 to wear a Disney Princess hat for the entire day around a theme park. I am 17 years old. We decided to go for lunch in one of the restaurants. After we finished, a woman gave my parents a leaflet on how to cope with disabled children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 745
You deserved it 9 466

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That woman fails. How rude of her to assume that, although you have to admit, it'd be funny to see happen!

Comments

well thats pretty rough but I would still wear the hat. One: I would find it fun.. Two: i love disney so why not right? and Three: it would just be awesome to see peoples reactions.

You'd think after 17 years your parents would have figured it out if that was true..... And umm guys leaflet, pamphlet. So what?

Atleast you get the $20...that is an easy $20 :D

I don't see the problem. So what? One woman thought you were mentally disabled or something. Even then, she was trying to be kind... it's not like she made fun of you or something. And I'm sure you'll never see her again. I REALLY don't see the problem. But who carries leaflets around like that, anyway?

I'm 17 too, and I would wear a Disney princess hat around the park even without getting paid lol OP, that really sucks though. :/

islander1415 0

The fact that you {OP} thought that this was an FML has led me to the conclusion that you are indeed disabled in some manner, thus justifying the woman's actions as having been thoroughly quixotic and civil. This is not worth my time; even though I chuckled as I read through the myriad of comments bashing you for you selfsish stupidity. GFYL in every sense of the term. Cheers!

triplethreat13 0

"my family bet me $20 to..." does not make sense. if you would have worded this better, it wouldn't have been a distraction for me and i could've laughed at how retarded this is! no pun intended. :)

I went to the original Disneyland and California Adventure when I was in my 40's and wore the Mickey Mouse Wizard's Hat from Fantasia the whole time. I paid for the hat! I could have gotten a free hat AND $20 to wear it -- damn my luck! My wife was handed quite a few brochures, but she said they were for timeshares and not to worry about it. She then gave me some shiny objects to play with. I also bring my wizard's hat to work when I need to conjure up another piece of wizardry. That's why they give me the big bucks!

You bring your wizard hat to work? What happened to the robe?

Not only did YDI, you ******* SIGNED UP FOR IT, man.