By khaelian - 10/11/2010 17:22 - United States

Today, my girlfriend fell down the stairs and broke her ankle. She also had a bruise on her leg due to her friend biting her. I spent the night in the hospital to be there for her and support her, but I should have expected that the nurses would treat me like a criminal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 449
You deserved it 2 795

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BrandonG_fml 0
green_eyes124 0

Why did her friend bite her? Gosh, all these vampire movies and tv shows have people going crazy! : )

Comments

So long as they didn't actually report you for something you didn't do... You know the truth, as does your girlfriend, so hopefully that will be enough.

why would she bite her leg? weird! was she drinking?...

I can't blame the nurses. I know, it isn't fair for you, it isn't the truth, you didn't abuse her, it's mean of them to think that, you're a decent boyfriend blablabla, but if the nurses wouldn't react that way, it's like they don't give a **** about domestic violence. And domestic violence is still a serious problem.

Domestic violence is a serious problem. But would the nurses have reacted the same way if the gender roles were reversed? Probably not.

Domestic abuse will always be a problem. The "falling down the stairs" story is a pretty common excuse a girl will give when she's been abused. Many girls put up with abuse because they "love" the guy or "he's really not that bad". It will always be hard to determine who is being abused and who is not. Even professionals do not always catch on.

32 has a good point; domestic violence is one of those areas where the social and legal bias is firmly slanted toward females. Males make up about a third of domestic violence victims in the US, but there are almost no resources for either male victims or female abusers to draw on for help. I see why the nurses would be suspicious, and this particular social injustice certainly isn't their fault, but this is a telling example of the need for awareness and education on the subject.

I think it's just the nature of the situation. I fell down stairs and broke my ankle, too. When I explained that at the hospital, they specifically asked if I was being abused.

jocelyng_fml 0

do you look like Chris brown and does your girlfriend look like Rihanna?

YDI for having a girlfriend who gets bit in her legs.

MrsLender_fml 3

Why would she have someone biting her leg? that's pretty wierd.

mintcar 9

What kind of friends does she have?

blaze_1492 0

Well miss iPhone, I'm really new to this so I'm kinda surfin for friends I'm actually not even certain if this is the way to do it but I'm givin it a shot how are you?

RedPillSucks 31

How far up her leg did she get bitten? Was it one of those kinky pubic bites (ala Tom Cruise in interview with a vampire)?

perdix 29

Yeah, but I'll bet the slutty nurses found you dangerous and sexy. ;) They always go for the "bad boy."

Perdix, don't believe what you see in ****. Nurses aren't like that anymore. *sigh*

DocBastard I think your daughter is so adorable and cute!! She has a very pretty smile :)

What you need to do is get yourself some of those NERF stairs... Yep.