By Sarah - 07/05/2009 04:53 - United States

Today, my manager bailed on me during the afternoon rush; swamped and distracted, I cut off the pad of my thumb in a cheese slicer. Some clinic hours later I returned, hungry and sick with blood loss, to sign WC papers. Manager's only words: "You're staying late to cover your long break, right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 888
You deserved it 3 042

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I HATE bosses that pull that shit on you! They can bail on you or take as many breaks as you want, but you have to make up for every second you miss for whatever reason, even if it means you were in the hospital during that time.

reminds me of my old boss. my old boss was my mother.

Comments

Assuming he knew you were in the hospital, I hope you shoved those papers at him and told him to **** him self and quit right there. Any self respecting American would have done it.

Your boss is a dick. I really hope you didn't stay late.

Your boss sounds like a real douche. I hope you laughed in his face and then filed a complaint against him.

Your boss is an ass hole. When I was working at a restaurant, I was dealing with a really shitty table and in the midst of all of the rushing around, I accidentally sliced my finger open. I had to file for workman's comp. and it was only 4 stitches. My manager still didn't make me stay, and she blamed a coworker for making a joke and distracting me, causing the slip up. Haha. It was definitely my fault, but hooray for that. You should definitely quit that shitty job.

johnnycupcakes 0
love4all4 0

Reminds me of my uncle. My entremly rich, immature, clueless, millionaire uncle. Who refuses to lend anyone money because he is remodeling the pool he just finished about a week ago. He want tile instead of concrete on the bottom of the pool! Who puts tile on the bottom of a pool?!?!?!?!

kpearsall 0

Ugggggh that's awful. I can't believe you even went back to work that same day after cutting part of your HAND OFF IN A CHEESE SLICER.

Rose2010 0