By blah - 21/07/2011 14:10 - United States

Today, my mom took me to an AA meeting because she said I needed help. I have never tried alcohol in my life, and told them this. I was then harangued by the "instructor" because apparently one of the signs of alcoholism is denial. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 697
You deserved it 3 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

daxter136 0

you need help getting away from there

WellThatSucksMaj 0

Because that's not offensive and homophobic at all

supermankisses 1

Ignore it 38, thats what he's here to do.

As I always say, deny deny deny, until you eventually post on websites no one knows you on. We may have an expert!

arlekin21 0

well at leat your bike didnt get stolen

umm OP? that iced tea you drink every morning? that's whiskey. I know the voices In you head say it's iced tea but they are sadly mistaken

juicedboi 7

You are already being punished. Might as well start drinking now. Walk in and ask if they've met your friend "jack". Tell them "Johnny" couldn't make it this week but he will come next week with "Douglass".

Send your mom to drug rehab. Tell her one of the signs of a drug problem is denial.

The instructor is right. It seems you have a bigger problem then we thought you did.

The instructor is right. It seems you have a bigger problem then we thought you did.

If you stay there your probably going to need help cause of that place...

Madiluvsyuh98 2

OP, we all know youre an alcohalic. its ok! we're here for you buddy. :)

an AA meeting...one of the few organizations I hope I'll never join...

tell her to shut her ******* face uncle ******. and if that don't work you could take her out in a boat on a lake tie to cinder blocks to her and oops off the boat she goes. JK Jk Jk lol no she will say your to drunk to drive a boat. now the serious part tell your mom your not an alcoholic and to get a breath tester to prove it so if she thinks your hammered use it to show her your not. also you nay want to think about a elderly care/insane asylum for her. also if you are reading this I am just ranting on now so you can stop and this last part is if someone is reading the comment below mine READ THIS I wonder if there's a limit on the amount of words/letters you can put on a comment I mean is someone actually going to read this if anyone does it's gonna be the grammar Nazis well bring it grammar Nazis I'm ready to go also I'd like to say this since no one is reading this any more **** the op life twice in the ear upside down 35000 feet over Russia well if your still reading this thanks for reading and **** your life for taking the time to read this good job and if you read the whole thing the code word is taco thanks ???????u=??on?bye bye bye bye ciao ciao ciao ciao uncle ******

Enthusiastically introduce yourself to the group and talk about how bombed you get every night from root beer

brighteyes81 0

except for the fact that they help ppl. I don't see how this is even factual because there are no instructors in AA so this is made up to begin with.

There are no "Instructors" in AA meetings, there are meeting leaders who call on people to speak and THAT'S ALL. Unless you came in there, introduced yourself, and told them you didn't have a problem- you wouldn't have been asked to share. Furthermore, once someone shares everyone says Thanks for sharing and they move to the next person who wants to speak, they do NOT start talking back and forth to the person about whether they are really an alcoholic or not. This just doesn't happen. I'd bet a lot of money on it that this never happened.

SirObvious 1

the first step is admitting you have a problem.

I agree; until you learn acceptance, you'll never be free from your addiction to alcohol.

ImaWiseGuy 5

well, if you do decide to start drinking in the future, ciroc or hennesy...

chocomilk82 0

don't forget about your friend Mr. Jose Cuervo

It's the witchhunt principle: only witches would denie they're witches / ahah! you admit you're a witch! while replacing witch with alcoholic

Or you can get a bunch of bottles and put them under your moms bed and then you go find them, bring them to AA, and when she denies, you say: The first step is to admit you have a problem

-112 Why hide the bottles just so you can find tem again later?

nativepimp 1

what would happen If captain morgan and Jose cuervo got into fight?

christinez13 0

woww now isn't your mom nice?

Alan, if you're listening, please moderate #68.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ImaWiseGuy 5

And quinners never... damnit there aren't any more combinations.

GAMaeishere 0

Quitters never win and winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots. :)

Maybe you need to shut the **** up you fat ass American. at least my ******* country is faulting on debts it owes to third world nation like my own. its your fault for world hunger. further more it is due to western countries not stopping drug trafficking in afghanistan during the 80's and 90's that funded terrorist groups like the Taliban

SirObvious 1

all that...just to take a look at where #70 is from...Canada. now everything you said has no meaning. sorry.

#70 is not American, he's Canadian, and you need to calm down.

green_eggs_and_h 0

And maybe it was a joke and you need to get the stick out of your ass :)

joke it obviously went over your head.....AA is where you go to QUIT drinking so therefore they are QUITTERS( sorry hate touch screens hit enter early before$

Well, lie detectors only mesures on the pressure, and cannot really tell if your lying or not. If a person lies with no pressure he can get away with it..

yeah but you can just shine bright light on them and stick your face at theirs and start biting at them and put lemon juice in their veins

shadowtrooper 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
SirObvious 1

and go on the streets? with all the other drunks? isn't that the problem....

dickydickman 0

Think positive, you'll probably make new friends