By sakurabunny - 16/05/2011 14:53

Today, our cable, internet, and home phone got shut off because my mother-in-law decided that since we are moving, it was easier to not pay the bill rather than close the account. We're not moving for another month and the account was under my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 091
You deserved it 6 681

sakurabunny tells us more.

sakurabunny 0

For the record: I gave her money to pay the bill since she works right next door to the company and i never got the notice's since she's the one who always gets the mail since my husband and I work full time and go to school full time. and before anyone asks what she did with the money, she used it to help pay the deposit on the condo she just moved into...AGAIN FML!!

Top comments

If it was under your name then why weren't you paying the bills?

that's why you shouldn't live with your mother in law.

Comments

paradiseisland01 0

why wouldn't you pay your own bills,and allow your mother in law pay your bills ? that's what you get for being a free loader. She must be tired of paying for your bills since your moving out.

michaelm1290 23

Rule 76: no excuses, play like a champion

heathersmorin 0

If the account is under your name, shouldn't you be the one paying it? Just my theory. Or get the check, card number, etc from her to pay it. I've seen crap like that happen way too many times. Or they decide just not to pay the bill.

heathersmorin 0

Don't jump down my throat people. Disregard the last sentance!! I know they didn't pay the bill, I was just thinking too much. Lol.

tinooh 0

Ever heard of a "Smart Phone"

I don't think OP has ever heard of a smart ANYTHING.

sakurabunny 0

For the record: I gave her money to pay the bill since she works right next door to the company and i never got the notice's since she's the one who always gets the mail since my husband and I work full time and go to school full time. and before anyone asks what she did with the money, she used it to help pay the deposit on the condo she just moved into...AGAIN FML!!

Don't you think you should ask her if anything came for you guys in the mail?

heathersmorin 0

Use a check next time that's already made out for the full amount, not cash. YTDI.

heathersmorin 0

And if your barely ever around, why do you need those 3 thing?? I'm home most days everyday of my life (stay at home mom) an I have like very basic cable, no Internet, just phone, and no home phone. We get by just fine. Your crazy for just wasting your money on those things if your not even there to use them.

maybe the enjoy watching tv to help relax..I would rather watch movies than shows so basic cable doesn't work for me not to mention very basic cable usually doesn't have the channels I watch. also she said they are fu time students but work full time as well...that explains the Internet..they are probably taking online courses. even if they go to school most (if not all) these days require all work to be submitted on online websites...as far as the phone they may not be able to afford cell phones or they may prefer to use that while they are home I stead to save minutes. the third alternative would be they may need it for their internet service. I agree she should have used another method to pay the bill or force her mother-in-law to pay it..but don't jump down her throat for having those things just because you don't use them and are always home doesn't need other people who are always running around don't want/need them.

I think that is horrible. It's one thing to forget to pay the bill or just decide not to do it-- but to use YOUR money as a deposit for HER condo? She has no right to the money. And she didn't even tell you? I feel sorry for you having to deal with that. I'm sure if you call the company you'll be able to turn it back on-- if you have a good history with them, you might be able to explain the situation and have any additional charges reversed.

atakadd86 0

I agree. Although if it were in my name I would ensure it got paid personally, it is really shitty that she paid HER deposit with YOUR money for bills. FYL, lesson learned. In the future, if you have a similar arrangment, never hand cash, check, or card- always use a Money Order.

Maybe OP can't live without, lot's of people can't these days. Just like in that South Park episode.

YDI for having cable, Internet, and home phone.

xStaciexLynnx 15

I'm pretty sure this is a lie since most company's don't allow anyone but the account owner to make changes and they g

EvilDave 13

OP, YDI for not taking care of paying your own bills.

I guess you can you say you'll have to "pay the price" for your mother's actions. Yep I'm full of lame puns everyday. Sincerely, Your useless superhero Bad Pun Man.