By sakurabunny - 16/05/2011 14:53

Today, our cable, internet, and home phone got shut off because my mother-in-law decided that since we are moving, it was easier to not pay the bill rather than close the account. We're not moving for another month and the account was under my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 091
You deserved it 6 681

sakurabunny tells us more.

sakurabunny 0

For the record: I gave her money to pay the bill since she works right next door to the company and i never got the notice's since she's the one who always gets the mail since my husband and I work full time and go to school full time. and before anyone asks what she did with the money, she used it to help pay the deposit on the condo she just moved into...AGAIN FML!!

Top comments

If it was under your name then why weren't you paying the bills?

that's why you shouldn't live with your mother in law.

Comments

missmaryb 0

I agree with the few above. If it's in your name, you should be paying it or at least making sure it gets paid. How many notices did you get saying the bill's past due? They don't shut it off the very first day it's late.

Egnar 19

If the bill is in your name than it's your responsibility to make sure that the service is either paid for [regardless of who pays] or at the very least assuring that said service gets shutoff.

The bill is in your name. It is therefore your responsibility, to ensure it gets paid. Your mother-in-law should post this as her FML, seeing as she has such an idiot for a son-in-law...

But ... what? You should have paid it.. and also why would she have anything to do with closing the account if it's under your name...

If the account is in your name, its your responsibility to make sure the bill is paid, even if you're not the one making the payments. Sucks to have bad credit.

And how exactly did you post this FML without the Internet? By e-pigeons?

Egnar 19

Smart Phone - Library - Friends House - Coffee Shop Wifi - Apple Store - McDonalds - Work - Internet Cafe. Take your pick. I could go on by didn't feel like listing every retail/fast food location that is known for charging small fees for wifi usage.

Sheesh, can't even troll in peace these days.

enonymous 8

I used the telegraph and smoke signals to post this

I use the titanium plate in my head to transmit my posts onto FML.

A7X_LoVeee 10

e-pigeons eh? Where do I get one of those?

atomicbaboon 0

what's the difference between Internet cafe and coffee shop wifi?

Egnar 19

An internet cafe sells internet usage and provides snacks/drinks as a biproduct, and isn't a requirement. A coffee house sells coffee and either sells or in most cases offers free internet.

chuck1986 0

if it's in your name it should be your responsibility to pay it and cancel it.

zowieandzander77 1

OP while that sucks thst you now have a past due bill you can easily call the company and get it turned back on for a small fee.... which FYI is better than if she actually had turned off the service for the last month.