By Headache - 01/03/2013 13:20 - United States

Today, the "Child Care and Development" class at my high school assigned all 50 students to carry a fake baby around school all day for a week. I can't even read a page of my notes without hearing a robotic crying noise. Today is the first day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 952
You deserved it 4 801

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, anybody?

lissa_jade 22

moral of the story: you only have this baby for a week and it's already driving you nuts. a real one you're stuck with for at least 18 years. DONT HAVE A BABY FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME. (:

Comments

kalynnepointer 7

You think it's bad, imagine how the kids who actually have the babies feel. I did it when I was in high school. It cries and whines and does everything a real baby does. Quit your bitching.

i seriously doubt your school had enough money to have 50 of those. we only had 15 at mine. theyre not cheap!

deet124 11

I believe the purpose for those classes are to scare kids into not having babies anytime soon...works pretty well...

If you have sex, you will get pregnant. And then you will die.

If you REALLY want to have sex, you need not to get pregnant. Be clever. That is what this program needs to tell the students, I say :-)

#128 I was quoting Mean Girls... Now it's not funny. :(

This ACTUALLY happens?! I'm so happy, now TV has become reality in my eyes.

Haha, it's been happening for a long time, we had them thirteen years ago when I took that class. And we couldn't even have someone 'babysit' because the key that you put in to simulate feeding/changing/etc was strapped to our wrists for the time we had it. T^T It was horrible.

Welcome to the world of parenting!? It only gets harder from infancy also! Just remember this is to simulate what having a baby is all about! Change it, "feed" it, burp it and lay it down!

Everyone at my highschool had to do that for health class.

babygirl4855 11

The op isn't in the class just stating that the class gave out the babies.

I had to carry a fake baby around for a week when I was in middle school. I am now 27 with a toddler and I will tell you that carrying around that fake baby is NOTHING like a real baby. I remember that it cried only about 2 times a day and each time, you'd just stick the key it its back to feed it for 30 minutes. During tis time, it would stop crying. When you feed a real baby, it fusses even while you are feeding it. A real baby will cry 30 minutes at night, numerous times a night while you desperately try to figure out what it wants when it isn't hungry, the diaper is clean and it is the perfect temperature. It wakes up 2-3 hours a night as a newborn. You are tired as hell and either breast feed or give it formula until it is happy. It is a poop and pee machine. These are just to name a few.

The next to last sentence - are you talking about dogs? Bark and poop factories they are indeed. But the child will grow up and at least lower the unnecessary crying to a decent level, that is why I want kids sometimes, but as long as I will live in an apartment with no garden and so on, NO DOGS allowed here - for my good, the neighbours' good and for the dogs own good :-)

knoxxx 22

They're still not as demanding as a real baby but technology has advanced quite a bit in the last fifteen years. Now you feed the baby, burp it, and change it. Ours also had neck sensitivity so if the neck wasn't supported it cried.