By Smart - 16/09/2011 14:42 - United States

Today, while teaching my high school class about astronomy, I showed them a picture of earth from space. One girl raised her hand, and asked me what the "white things" were. In other words, clouds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 597
You deserved it 3 127

Same thing different taste

Taking pictures

By Anonymous - 05/12/2019 14:00

Today, I was teaching a high school calculus class. I wrote a complex formula on the board. As I wrote, students asked if they could take a picture of the board and circulate it. I said yes, and I was pleased as everybody seemed to be taking pictures. Soon, I realized why: my skirt was tucked into my underwear. Within a few minutes, every student in the school had an email with a picture of my ugliest pair of floral-printed panties. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 231
You deserved it 479

Top comments

Bbhd05 0

#8 not the clouds, the white things.

Comments

bubo_fml 10

Imagine if the lesson was about "Uranus!"

Go back to elementary school with that stupid shit.

I agree MrsPegg. We aren't 5 anymore man. Uranus jokes aren't funny.

walrusman 0

Which is why you probably act very immature dumb ass.

Pfft everyone knows it's cotton candy ?

oh yeah, deffinately cottan candy:D what flavour is it today huh???;D

oh my goodness, if only that were true then I would love the fog.

qhostred 0

You could have said that they were ghosts floating so high that we can't see them unless viewed from outer space

trellz17 19

Lol just be patient some people don't learn as fast as others.

Millman_fml 9

Hahaha wow your students are dumb asses

YoItsJake - I suppose his title of "mister" threw you, eh? Well I'm having trouble figuring out if you're a ******* douchebag or a complete asshole. I'll have to think about it.

Her head must have been feeling a little cloudy that day.

deathpotato 11

Just slap her. That's the only thing you could do in that situation.

hookumsnivy 6

Sad, just sad. These kids are our future. There's a good chance that this "student" will be able to vote in an election within 2 years. I weep for the future.

xStaciexLynnx 15

There's also a chance this student is only 12 (7-12 schools) and you're making an idiot out of yourself saying he/she can vote in 2 years...

TheRealEllieSan 9

OP said highschool, usually meaning 14-18. She also said it was an astronomy class, which is a subject often not taught until about halfway through highschool, meaning age 16. Therefore, it is not unreasonable to say that they will be able to vote in about 2 years.

hookumsnivy 6

Typically high school students are between 14 and 18 years old. So the average high school student (assuming an equal number of students between years) is 16 years old. So approximately 50% of the student body will be eligible to vote in 2 years. Astronomy isn't one of the core sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science) taught in high school so more likely than not it's an elective - which are predominantly upperclassmen. So there's at least a 50% chance that in 2 years the student will be 18yrs old, though I would estimate it's closer to 75%. Either way, that's a pretty good chance, and it is a scary thought.

xStaciexLynnx 15

I was 12 when I started highschool and so do 90% of the students in surrounding schools. I also had astronomy sections in my 7th AND 8th grade years. Even if you wanna knock it down to 14-18 we had the elective in 9th grade so you can't cut it down to just upper classmen.

hookumsnivy 6

Again, high school is TYPICALLY 9th grade to 12th grade. Your school apparently combined junior high/middle school with high school. You apparently didn't follow my logic. I didn't ignore 9th and 10th grade, I said it was MORE LIKELY that such an elective would be taken as an upperclassman. Even if you don't take that into account, approximately 50% of high school students will be 18 in 2 years time if they aren't already.