Alexa play "More than this" by Roxy Music

By bagpipesrkmywrld - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my most difficult task at work was three hole punching a 500-page document so somebody could put it in a binder on their shelf and not read it. I have a $150,000 education. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 330
You deserved it 8 045

Top comments

Leptailurus 0

Just goes to show you that an expensive education does not equal super-awesome-job. :P

Comments

Its time for a new job if you're unhappy. Don't stay at the job, even if you are comfortable with your peers, if you're not going to move up the ladder. However, if you're making enough money to have an apartment and pay back your loans, you should stay where you are.

ChefBoy6382 0

should have spent $300,000!!!

It's called "paying your dues." Trust me, I'm doing the same thing.

It does not matter how expensive school is. It matters how good the school you spent a lot of money to go to is.

How this is a FML? YOu already have a job that is a great thing in this crisis. Welcome to the world!!

cinderelly 0
rule11 0

Hah, it's called law school. You're getting paid 160k a year to three hole punch, nbd.

davisd 0

I am literally doing the exact same shit.... It has been taking me 3 days to order every sheet by some random number and now I have to create 3 ******* binders no one will ever use.

I understand your situation, because I am in the same boat. Although, a lot of people are not getting the jobs they hoped for after graduation, especially in this recession. The best thing to do is just keep looking and not quit. You never know!

Oh yes, eff your life. You have a job. *sob*. Pay attention to the economy. You're lucky you have anything. I had my job and entire department eliminated so it could move elsewhere with lesser paid morons doing what I used to do. Now I make barely 200 dollars a week on unemployment that will run out soon, I look for jobs daily in a town that is only closing plants and businesses left and right, but then I can't really look for a job elsewhere because it costs money to move, I've exhausted most of my savings trying to keep a roof over my head, and food in my cabinet, I've had to indefinitely put off a pretty important surgery because I can't afford to maintain insurance under COBRA, since my contribution would cost more than I get in a month. And yet I don't qualify for assistance, unlike the trailer trash that lives down the street who somehow manage to get the government to keep them in beer, cigarettes, drugs, and the latest video game systems available. Apparently you have to get knocked up once a year by a different man every time to get help. Guess my decision to be responsible and use birth control backfired on me. Pardon me for not sympathizing with you, maybe once I eat my imitation shrimp flavored 25 cent cup of Marachuan noodles, I'll have the energy to listen to someone whining about still having a job at all. And yes, I kept my internet. I need to network and use job search sites, and damn it, I'm keeping one freaking luxury in life, since everything else is gone. If you're so damn unhappy, and so damn educated, go find a job that suits the brilliance you clearly assume you have.