Alexa play "More than this" by Roxy Music

By bagpipesrkmywrld - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my most difficult task at work was three hole punching a 500-page document so somebody could put it in a binder on their shelf and not read it. I have a $150,000 education. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 330
You deserved it 8 045

Top comments

Leptailurus 0

Just goes to show you that an expensive education does not equal super-awesome-job. :P

Comments

All the expensive schooling in the world can't teach you not to be a snob, I see.

That's why you don't choose a machine-job. Choose a job that actually fits you next time. YDI

resawins 0

story of my life. sucks, huh?!

#19 - I love how you corrected #18 and then followed it up with a barely comprehensible stream of consciousness.

jennyess 0

$150,000 education? well lets see...if you were to go to a state school (out of your own state) that would be about 30,000 a semester...so for 4 years that would be about 240,000 give or take...which tells me that your $150,000 education aint shit bitch! so stop complaining your exactly where you belong

They make paper with holes already punched in it...Don't feel too bad. You prolly make more than $9 an hour to do that. I do not and spend a fair amount of time highlighting and pretending that it takes all day to create a form.

@ #2. Philosophy is part of the arts and at my school, Arts Majors/Minors cost about $7500/year. Get the degree in four, you're talking only about $30 000. $150 000 Sounds more like some kind of engineering or science degree... even if it's not an undergrad, I don't see philosophy being so expensive.

Sit down, shut up, and be thankful you are getting paid to do practically nothing.

jnic 0

#78, what the **** are you talking about? I've NEVER heard of a university being $30,000 a SEMESTER, even the most expensive private universities. A state school would probably be like $15,000 a year, or possibly far less because of aid, merit, and scholarships, which anyone with decent grades can get at a state school.

lucey15 0

if your just out of college, then u are just starting from the bottom as youre just learning the ropes atm. So I wouldnt worry, soon enough you will be doing something important for the company. However, that is under the assumption that you don't have useless degree as there can always be to many psychology majors.