Deception

By bobthenun - 20/03/2013 21:16 - United States - Santa Barbara

Today, I went out to a restaurant to meet a girl that I met online. When I arrived, I texted her and she said she was wearing a blue shirt. The only person that was wearing anything blue was a fat man smiling in the corner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 276
You deserved it 10 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hippo1234 19

Was your "girl" a guy or did she ditch you?

Heard of the MTV show "Catfish"? Lots of people pretend to be someone else. It happens to a lot of people. Sorry it happend to you :(

Comments

I've clicked both options for this same reason.

Run away OP, and don't look back! Hahah

xeka 10

That's why you video chat & call before meeting up... Lol. But don't give up. Met my current GF online, she lives 1 state away, and we're planning on marrying soon. Don't let 1 mishap mess you over.

lucyy123 14

This is why you shouldn't go out with people that you haven't met in person.

I thought those blue wings emerald eyes and cat ears were a real girl!

Ydi OP, that's why you never meet people online!

There's always at least one naive person who says something like this when a story is about people meeting online. Tons of people meet online nowadays and actually have very strong, healthy relationships. I've been with my fiancee over 5 years now and we just met through a random Facebook encounter. We're still crazy about each other after all this time as well. The problem isn't meeting online, but rather that some people are not smart with it. If you start talking to someone online you need to do more than just messaging with typing beforehand. If you don't you're an idiot. Before my fiancee and I met in person we had done IM, phone, video, pictures, and even sent a gift or two. We had talk for endless hours using various methods and already knew each other quite well. If she had been a fake it would have been the most elaborate hoax I've ever seen and she would have deserved to get away with whatever she was trying to do. Yeah you have to watch yourself, but if you actually use some brain cells while talking to someone online you just may meet that special someone. I certainly did :)