Freakout

By Pk45 - 11/11/2011 15:37 - United Kingdom

Today, my young son wanted to rent some movie with talking animals in it for us to watch together. I couldn't say no, but talking animal movies freak me out big time, I either start to cry or feel nauseous. Especially ones with dogs. What is wrong with me? FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 908
You deserved it 8 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cradle6 13

Face your fear? Grow up? Get a real talking animal to desensitize you? I'm not all that sure.

perdix 29

Because you can't suspend disbelief. I'd freak out if dogs could suddenly talk. Mine would probably tell everyone about the peanut butter!

Comments

lisha88 1

Ya cuz cute lil animals oh so terrifying!!!! Oh no not a talking puppy!!!!

BCrazzi 9

YOU CAN'T WATCH FINDING NEMO!?!!?!?!?!?D:

22cute 17

I think I know what it's about.

redhedsaysrawr 18
Raivyn_Grimm 9

I have a ridiculous phobia as well (although, no offense, but yours takes the cake...). I have a phobia of the sound vacuum cleaners make. Yes, you read that right. I'm fully aware of the ridiculousness of the fear, and I even laugh about it. But once that sounds hits my ears... it just triggers the "fight-or-flight" reaction immediately, and I get all pumped up with adrenaline and all of my muscles tense up. I went to therapy for it, and yet we never figured out why exactly it happens. It's hard to explain a phobia to someone who doesn't have one. At least for me, when that particular frequency touches my ears, all rational thought is suspended and my brain and body go into survival mode. It's ******* terrible. Do you have any idea how common vacuums are? They're everywhere. Anyways, the point of this post is to ask people to ******* think before they speak. Jesus, it's like high-school level psychology to know that a phobia is more than a simple fear, and that the person has no control over it. These comments have just proven who is actually an intelligent human being, and who is either a close-minded dumbass or a child who has yet to finish high school. (I know child is a bit of a stretch, but you know what I mean.) And there's my rant. Here's a joke to reward you for reading it; "I couldn't remember who Rhianna's ex boyfriend was... and then it hit me."

The_9th_Doctor 18

I know someone who is terrified of claymation of any kind. I'm ridiculously afraid of spiders, can't even see a picture of one without losing sleep and it has nothing to do with poison. Fears often don't make sense.

Apparently there's a lot wrong with you.