Gamergating

By Anonymous - 13/03/2012 02:04 - United States

Today, my grandparents visited. My grandpa kept getting off the couch and walking around to "stretch his legs." He kept kicking out my computer's network cable and messing up my game, smirking each time he did it. When I complained, my mom told me to shut up and show some respect. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 691
You deserved it 28 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're mom is right, if your grandparents are visiting, you should be visiting with them not playing a freakin computer game

Comments

Maybe his grandparents visit often, he's not close to them, and he finds the game more interesting. Ever think of that?

MkVIIIMaus 0

Grandpa owned your disrespectful ass! Go grandpa!

The real fail is everyone saying he should spend time with his grandparents. I'm guessing they visit often, so this visit wasn't really anything out of the ordinary for OP. And that whole "respect old people" thing is bullshit. You should respect someone because they deserve it, not just because they have been around longer. I've seen plenty of people who are grandparent-age and they are racist, sexist assholes. I'm not respecting those people just because they're older than me... You should have stopped with your game, and instead blasted dubstep or some other music type that scares old people. Then, once grandpa gets fed up and leaves, resume game playing. Fight fire with fire, OP.

hazleydsweethrt 0

What is wrong with the younger generation? Op's post didn't really get to me, due to the fact that he just sounds like a spoiled brat. You on the other have no respect. I was raised by my grandparents. They taught me the southern ways of saying ma'am, sir, please, and thank you. They taught me to give my seat to older people and pregnant women. They also taught me to respect my elders due to the fact that they know more and have seen more than we can imagine. Yes respect is earned, and older people have earned it by working their entire lives. Most have had jobs since they were ten. They worked to provide for their family's. Unlike the laziness of today's generation that complain that they can't find jobs but feel they are to good to work as a janitor, and would rather live off the government. Thank you asshole for making me realize why the world has turned so bad.

lizard399 0

175 I appreciate the fact you try to be a good person. But the comment you responded to has a valid point and if you don't see that then you should invest your time in thinking for yourself. Maybe that will bring you to the mindset of being a critical thinker and you'll find that maybe how you were raised isn't all that great. This bullying that people use as a weak excuse as parenting is getting old.

thanks lizard399. And hazleydsweethrt, I wasn't trying to imply that I disrespect everyone. There are many people I do respect a lot. However, how old someone is does not affect my decision of whether to respect them or not. Also, you seem to be confused. There is a difference between kindness and respect. Kindness is one of the perks of having my respect. Giving your seat up on a bus/train because someone else needs it more is kindness. I'm generally a kind person, however that doesn't necessarily mean that I respect someone as well. I try to offer everyone at least a little bit of my respect, only insofar as I acknowledge they are there and try to stay out of their way (and help if it seems appropriate). Any more respect than that needs to be earned. That's what I mean. I think the whole "respect your elders" rule came about partially because people have forgotten what respect truly is. You can still be kind to someone who you don't have any respect for. Now go back to your grandparents or wherever you live (idk how old you are, hazleydsweethrt), and ponder the difference between respect and kindness. And let me know what you come up with. That is, assuming you ever see this comment.

BoredinCbus 11

Sounds like you didn't get the hint.

irepmn 14

I don't get how your ydi. Not all grandparents you want to spend time, respect or not. Fyl

But the "old hag" wasn't talking to OP, telling him to shut up would do nothing.

bowser_rawr16 13

When your grandparents come over, spend time with them. You don't know how much longer they will be on this earth. I cherish every second with my family.

daxxbuttons 12

Get your disrespectful ass off the computer and go spend time with your ******' grandparents while you still can. Idiot. Though, honestly. That is /kinda/ dickish. If this were just his friend, we'd all be agreeing his life sucks. But who doesn't entertain guests when they come over? Oh. Yeah. Newer generations.