Great expectations

By sheryl_m - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I came home expecting a surprise party. It was my birthday and I had overheard my friends planning it all week. Nobody was there. It turns out the party they were planning was for my friend's dog's birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 810
You deserved it 4 658

Top comments

lnm701 0

You need to find new friends...a party for their dog? Really?

WendlaMimii 0

Happy birthday! But you know, the dog deserves a party, too.

Comments

conundrumbombs 0

I find it comical that your friends were throwing a "surprise party" for the dog, as opposed to a regular "party." I mean, were they afraid the dog was going to find out about it? Must be secretive! Don't let the dog hear about the party you're throwing for him! It'll ruin the surprise!

God, stop calling fake, people. Just because you've never heard of it happening doesn't mean it's a necessarily made-up story. Some people treat their pets better than other people. So I think this is very plausible and it sucks. And maybe the poster's friends weren't planning a "surprise" party, per se, but just a regular party and the poster figured it was a surprise because they weren't in on the conversation. I hope that was some amazing dog, though.

That's what you get when you expect crappy friends to stuff for you.

oooh_dear 0

wooooow. you need new friends if a dogs birthday is at a higher priority than you.

getcrunkkk 0

lmfaoooo, man im reallllllly sorry but that just really blows, were you even invited to the party??

CaptainBaconMan 0

Act like a dog then, take a crap on the floor.

I'm sorry this happened, but Happy Birthday! :D

Wow, you guys are all retards. They obviously weren't serious about the dog party. I can't believe the poster believed them. They're planning your birthday party and they (successfully) threw you off the trail by saying it was for a dog. ...Happy birthday! Plus, who has a birthday party on a thursday?

You deserve it, you should have known that the dog is more important than you are.