Life hacks for kids

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my daughter learned that if she rips a toy out of its package in front of a store employee, mommy will be forced to buy it. She now has two new toys today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 477
You deserved it 11 660

Top comments

And today you need to learn how to discipline your child.

Just pay and leave the toys in the shop. Also punish her for being a brat.

Comments

how about slapping your little brat of a kid and act like a ******* parent and not a doormat?

Simple solution: Take the toys you've just been forced to buy and donate them. Go into your daughter's room and throw out/donate ALL of her toys. Now, ground her for 2 weeks to a month with the punishment being, wait for it: Extra chores. She likely will never do it again. If she repeats the incident, do the same above steps, but add a swat to the butt (one firm spank) to the list immediately after throwing out the toys. Extend the grounding period, and tell her that she won't get another toy for 2 or 3 months. If birthday/holiday arrives in that timeframe, put all the toys in your closet, out of reach, until end of the punishment has been reached.

you should make your daughter give up those two toys + an extra two of your choosing to charity to teach her a lesson

kmullen1866 0

Discipline your child! it's people like you that make me want to stay locked in my house so I don't have to deal with the 'children of tomorrow'.

TunaFlavoredFing 0

ARE YOU F**KING BRAIN DEAD!!? you don't reward your kids for being dumb retards. Buy the toy and give it to a kid that deserves it. Like the dumb f**k mom that buys her screaming bastard child candy to shut it up. Society is forced to correct your stupid parenting.

This is why child leashes were invented. you suck at parenting!

YDI after the first time you should have done something

abbiewester 0

you should buy it then give it to some other kid as a punishment....don't let your daughter have it

inbloom_fml 0

you should gather up all of her toys, take them to a friend's child or charity and give them away. then spank her and send her to bed without supper. that's along the lines of something my parents would have done and I wasn't anywhere near as bratty as your kid.

niswisk 3

no! bad mom!! buy them and dont give them to her. dont reward the bad behavior!