Life hacks for kids

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my daughter learned that if she rips a toy out of its package in front of a store employee, mommy will be forced to buy it. She now has two new toys today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 477
You deserved it 11 660

Top comments

And today you need to learn how to discipline your child.

Just pay and leave the toys in the shop. Also punish her for being a brat.

Comments

Dude, so you have to buy the toys but no one required that you give them to her. I would have paid for the toys and given them to someone else.

Learn how to discipline your child or don't take her to the store with you. I realize I'm young and probably shouldn't be commenting on disciplining a child, but seriously. You're not obligated to give her the toys. Donate to them to charity and bring her with you when you do, it's no fun to see your toys being given away, so she might stop.

Flutist 3

^^ The young one is WISE. The force is strong in him!

I agree with everyone saying don't let her keep the toys. That much is pretty obvious, but you should stop taking her with you when you go to the store.

I don't think to stop taking her to the shop is the solution , it's better to be able to take her to the shop without her fooling around (otherwise she wouldn't learn anything).

267 some parents can't simply leave their children at home while they go shopping. Maybe she's a single parent or her spouse is at work. The better solution would be to raise her child to know the difference between right and wrong.

RmAnI 0

And tht day u shuld hav beat ur child, then u won't hav to pay for anymore misunderstandings

I used to see this in department stores. parents would let their child hold a toy at the store so they can shop in peace. maybe that is still in practice for some parents.

hotpinkdiamond 0

I'd make her give it to a shelter! she shouldn't be allowed to keep it that's for DAMN sure!

droplets 0

That's when you tell your brat that she is NOT allowed to do that, or she will get a nice hard smack on the behind. Learn to be a parent.