Policy of truth

By Lelsy - 08/07/2024 14:00 - United States

Today, I met my boyfriend’s family. His mother gave me expensive diamond earrings and treated us to brunch. I don’t know how I’m gonna have the heart to tell him that I’ve accidentally gotten pregnant from someone else I’ve been seeing. I can’t tell him it’s his because we haven’t slept together yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63
You deserved it 1 955

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'Accidentally'? Deal with this asap, he deserves better than getting stringed along by a cheater. And return the earrings.

Madness_Mayhem 2

I gotta keep it real w/ you OP. There's a lot to unpack here about your overall character in regards to relationships. I don't know you as a person and in other aspects you could be an exceptional person bc the world isn't that simple, so I'm not judging you overall. But the word "accidentally" only goes as far as the pregnancy, you're seeing someone else and you said boyfriend so unless you have an open relationship then you're cheating. I would refrain from using the term "accident" about anything. Your actions are intentional, the consequences were an "accident." the "i can't tell him it's his because..." implies that had you slept together already, you would lie and say it was his if you knew otherwise simply bc you could get away with it. I think you need to search internally within yourself and realize the way you are treating others and the consequences of your actions, not just pregnancy but the damage you are causing others as well. you're being somewhat reckless with the hearts of others and they'll have years of damage due to your selfish decisions. now again, you may be an amazing person otherwise, but this is a side to you that deserves some inner work. good luck to you.

Comments

'Accidentally'? Deal with this asap, he deserves better than getting stringed along by a cheater. And return the earrings.

Madness_Mayhem 2

I gotta keep it real w/ you OP. There's a lot to unpack here about your overall character in regards to relationships. I don't know you as a person and in other aspects you could be an exceptional person bc the world isn't that simple, so I'm not judging you overall. But the word "accidentally" only goes as far as the pregnancy, you're seeing someone else and you said boyfriend so unless you have an open relationship then you're cheating. I would refrain from using the term "accident" about anything. Your actions are intentional, the consequences were an "accident." the "i can't tell him it's his because..." implies that had you slept together already, you would lie and say it was his if you knew otherwise simply bc you could get away with it. I think you need to search internally within yourself and realize the way you are treating others and the consequences of your actions, not just pregnancy but the damage you are causing others as well. you're being somewhat reckless with the hearts of others and they'll have years of damage due to your selfish decisions. now again, you may be an amazing person otherwise, but this is a side to you that deserves some inner work. good luck to you.

Totally a YOU problem. The boyfriend is not the problem. The pregnancy is not the problem. You and your poor moral compass, your lack of reasonable decision making skills and your lack of impulse control are the problem. All "this" is a YOU problem. Do NOT make the breakup (and return of jelelry) about him in any way, shape or form. Admit to everything. This is your public steps towards making yourself better. Go and make sure the father knows as well. Regardless of what you choose to do with the pregnancy, both of those guys deserve to know the truth. You owe them that much. One of them at least deserves to know the whole truth (boyfriend). The other is just a courtesy (baby daddy)

ithappens2 1

😂😂😂 trying to already not take responsibility for the fact you, undressed yourself, foreplay, had full on penetrative sex, AND it was long enough arousal that he came inside of you, you laid there for a minute, cleaned up the drip and then went on with your day. I bet youre going to get an abortion too aren't you, because the dude raped you 😂 how ******* sad, deranged, lunatic, ***** behavior. people shouldn't have stopped **** shaming, when that is all you want to be, with no braincell to connect what you did is cheating, disloyalty, loss of respect, trust, and going to be murder. really? all for what? two pump chump and looking for sympathy because all you've ever been and ever will be is searching for attention in all the wrong places and you will find it. I wish for women like you, it was illegal to leave the hospital without a hysterectomy.

Err.. So you have never had extramarital sex? Because that is the only way you could even consider making this judgement, otherwise you are a hypocrite

who would want to have sex outside of their relationship? that's the problem with this society, people such as yourself and OP specifically are trying to rationalize cheating and being a hoe. Nothing to write home about. If OP said she was in a poly relationship and accidentally got pregnant that's different. I don't really condone them, but if all parties are communicating and not hurting one another well cool. but in this sense it sounds like she is cheating on a guy who went out of his way because they've been together for about a month or so from how she's just meeting the mother, and she's been sleeping around long enough to just find out (6-8 weeks in) that she's pregnant. if you don't see it that way, that's baffling, but I think anyone can see that reading OP's post.

Hi. No, what I am trying to do is to tell this guy that men should be less judgemental. We can sleep around and never face the threat of falling pregnant. So, for a guy to be that judgemental, he would have to have a very squeaky clean sexual record himself. The very first comment on this post is from me as well, so I am definitely taking OP on.

This sounds like a reality TV show gone bad.

Accident? So you mean to tell me that you fell into some d**k?

I guess all the accidently falling on light bulbs up people's rectums spills over to the ladies ... scratch that.... women too

Wadlaen 23

Seems like you're getting what you deserve...

Don’t you have abortion in the US? Oh wait…