Remember those vampire dudes?

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, the painting I worked on for three weeks was rejected from an art contest because the rules prohibit fan art. It wasn't fan art. They mistook it for Twilight fan art. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 252
You deserved it 8 287

Top comments

megs2129 0

Ouch. Of all things fanart to mistake it for, Twilight is probably the worst.

Use less sparkle in your artwork from now on, haha

Comments

See this just proofs my point about Twilight.......it ruins lives....

nija666 0

I agree with gavik. Also any twatlight fans out there need to be committed. They make it out to be a model for how to live life and totally ruined the vampire genre, BIG TIME! If Bela Lugosi was still alive to day, twatlight would kill him. Team Edward? Team Jacob? How team twilight fan killers :). Also agree with no_love. Wooo Team D!

nija666 0

if they could mistake it for twilight fan art, it must have sucked anyway, so FYL for being a crappy artist and still thinking you are good.

Perception is reality. If it looks like fan art, then it is fan art.

wow... are you being serious? you should look up Duchamp's "Fountain".

Can i see the painting? iam really interested by these ....

mmiller2023 4

Thank god for you mercedeslove, Twilight sucks, end of story. Oh and for everyone bashing LOTR, there are words in our dictionary now that have came from JRR Tolkien. I don't see any of stephenie meyers crap in there, do you? It's all just some new teenage fantasy that just gets worse and worse as it goes. And BTW, star wars is most likely the best epic of our generation. There are orchestra concerts in it's dedication, so honestly, i wish every twilight fan would just jump off a building, thus ridding the world of anyone with an IQ lower than 43.

Star Wars ? Oh please, don't make me vomit. Star Wars is a shitty excuse of a movie, which got worse and worse, then eventually, you find out.. They aren't even in the right ******* order. Like. Wtf. Make up your mind already. &&, IQ lower than 43? Oh please. I bet even Albert E. wouldn't have even grasped the point of Star Wars, because really, what is it, and what does it have to offer? A guy, in a black suit, wondering around telling people he's their dad, a little green thing that looks like a cross between a booger and a gremlin, And shiny sticks, which led to an 'epic battle', AKA: Epic fail. :] xx

firesprite2009 i can do the same thing with twilight u gayass twi hard. twilight is about a sparkly fairy vampire who stalks little girls because they smell nice. when the little girl girl finds out she's had a 100+ year old pedophile sitting in her room at night watching her sleep she falls in love with him and wants to become a sparkly fairy vampire too. there's a bunch of big wolves running around that hate fairy vampires because they smell bad. and they all live happily ever after once she gets raped by the fairy vampire and has its demon spawn. the end

ObeseMaurice, I'd appreciate if you didn't use the term 'rape' so openly. It's a completely different story you seem to be telling here, as you may think I've told when I gave my opinion of Star Wars, but at least I didn't use such a vulgar word to describe it. The word 'Rape' isn't something that can be just thrown into a conversation.

Wow, here's something I didn't think would happen: me agreeing with Firesprite on something. Everyone knows it isn't rape if you enjoy it ;) Also, don't forget this novel teaches young women to put up with abusive relationships.

Lol, thank you. You may not agree with me on the actual subject of the FML, but I thank you for seeing my point in the matter of the grammar choices. :]

I agree with this. There's no need to resort to foul language, hate speech, misrepresentation, and name-calling. We can have an intelligent discussion about the merits of these works without any of that. Hopefully.

Hugorgy 0

Wait... it could be statutory rape, depending on the age of consent where Bella lived. It could also be considered necrophilia as well, since Edward isn't technically alive. Ever think of that?

Hugorgy 0

Oh, and as a little extra I neglected to add earlier, I don't mean that Edward is 17. Age of consent deals with how old a person is (years of being alive on this Earth), not how old they appear. A girl with Turner's Syndrome may look about 10 or 12 when she is really 18 years old. She is legally an adult and can have sexual intercourse with someone of her age or older without breaking any laws (or at least that is consistent of America's law nationally, though states have their own twist on age of consent i.e., in New Jersey, one being 18, the other 16 and the sexual act still considered legal). I just wanted to clarify. Thanks.

With all due respects, I just KNOW he wasn't meaning it in the sense you are. There are some things you can just tell, and I believe this is one of them.

Also, Bella was over 18 when they released Breaking Dawn, I think?

@ Firesrpite....whoa....Star Wars was an epic that has enthralled genrations. It was very engaging, and contains countless parallels to classic philosophy. They told you from the first movie that they started with episode 4, or do you not understand roman numerals? Twilight centers around a character so meaningless that I cannot recall it. Let's call her Pants for the rest of this conversation. Well, Meyers crafted Pants to be static and never even clearly described pants. That way any girl with a hard-on for the human disco-ball could pretend that it's them loving Eddy. The only reason for liking these books is being a lonely, pathetic shell of a person yourself. Have fun with your pedophilic werewolves, and let the rest of us enjoy Star Wars in peace.

denise509 0

obsession art is the same as fan art..

people should stop bashing twilight. you don't have to like it but if you don't you don't have to ruin it for the people who do....

Exactly. See how they react when something they consider to be worth watching/reading gets bashed? They act like immature little brats with their name calling. I don't appreciate being called a Wanker or a Gayass, just because I defended something I consider worthwhile. Now, see how you react when it's one of your favourite movies/books being insulted? No, you don't like it. So why do you insist on being hypocrites, and slamming other people's views into the ground, simply because they want to defend something? FML isn't a website against Twilight. If you want to sit there and complain about it, then how about making a hate website, where you can ALL complain about it together, instead of annoying people, provoking replies, then ganging up on them to try and act like the big man?

Hugorgy 0

Don't blame Twilight haters. The only reason they have an overwhelming hate for the series is because of the hardcore, annoying-as-**** teenage fans that go on to say it is the best series ever written, and don't shut up about it. When I first heard about Twilight from a friend, I chose not to read it because it didn't interest me. I like Dracula and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. The idea of vampires that sparkled in sunlight.... yeah, major turn off, and that was that. After the whole craze for Meyer's books took over my school, I became fed up with hearing about it. My opinion of the book wasn't changed, no matter how many girls tried to convince me of how epic it was. The persistence of this talk only made me gain hatred of the books. To sum this up, if people didn't create a major hype, talk non-stop, and try to convert others who already stated they have no interest in the subject, there would be no reason for people to have this massive hate for Twilight.

True, but I don't think it should be bashed repeatedly, just because of some girls obsessed with 'Edward' AKA: Robert Pattinson (Or Jacob/Taylor Lautner), I agree that having hordes of fangirls over the two is pointless, seeing as my cousin IS one, which rather annoys me. &&, I see your point. However, if that's what the majority of the commentors on this FML are so annoyed about, then why not just say that, instead of going on about how crap it is, and annoying the few people who actually like it? We've each got our own preferences, but yes, I see what you mean about the mob of fangirls.

PinkFloyd1977 0

Firesprite... Normally I'd shake my head sadly at you and walk away for defending twilight, but you seem to be defending the books, not the movies. I'm and 18 year old guy and I enjoyed the books. Until they became popular with the movie. I saw Twilight. I wanted to gag. By the time New Moon came out, I wanted to stab myself in the lower back with a rusty screwdriver. Honestly, this over promotion of these crappy movies is what i hate about this society, and why I no longer have any respect for Meyer. She is truly a sellout at this point. I remain strong with my hero Terry Goodkind. And on a side note, any of you who enjoyed The Lord of the Rings, I strongly recommend you look up The Wizards First Rule (Terry Goodkind). Message me if you enjoy it. But yeah, I don't care if you enjoy Twilight on a literature base, but if you like it because Jacob is SO HOT, then jump into a pit. A pit filled with hungry ticks. Thats my 2.05 cents. But yeah. FYL

No. The movies are god awful. I don't understand how ANYONE could even find Robert Pattinson attractive enough to play Edward, seeing as he was supposed to be the most attractive man on earth. I enjoyed the book, but after seeing New Moon, even I have to admit that I'm more than slightly put off Twilight ftm. I enjoyed the book, but not so much the film.

ouch, twilight is probably the worst fanart for it to have been mistaken for