Thanks, asshat

By Anonymous - 16/03/2014 18:53 - United States - Wellsville

Spicy
Today, I waited on a gentleman and his lady friend at my restaurant. They ordered some of the most expensive items on the menu, and I thought I'd get a nice tip. Instead, he tipped me a scrap of paper, containing a drawing of a cock jizzing on a caricature of my face, and the word "Thanks." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 515
You deserved it 4 182

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iLike2Teabag 27

I guess he thought giving you a "money shot" = giving you money.

Comments

He sounds like someone who is up to no good - trying to impress his lady friend - and if that is the case, FYL and FHL. But if she is aware of it, then both of them are up to no good and a match made in heaven.

What an asshole move. I hope they will taste spit in the food the next time they come back.

...And people like you are one of the main reasons why I will never tip for anything in my life.

If the service is bad, they have a choice of complaining or not tipping. However, if they said "thanks", I would expect that the service was decent and the waiter/waitress deserved a tip. This couple drew a penis and did not tip. Childish and cheap ass.

meli1195 31

No, you don't tip because you're cheap and an asshole, most waiters, busboys and hostesses work really hard and the least you can do is leave them a little something for all they did for you

Actually, it's worse then that. That waitress now has to pay tax on the tip she didn't get. The IRS assumes she got it and wants their cut.

xcookie_loverx 3

No, the reason you never tip is because you're selfish and a cheap skate.

#57: As someone who understands how cruel the service industry is and who always tips, regardless of service, I can say that I've also had my fair share of waiters who take money from me before I even have a chance to tip. I understand that a lot of waiters can't trust their customers, but I'm always the last to complain about my meal when I'm eating with other people (and usually the best tipper). It's pretty much the one and only time I take away the majority of the tip i intended to leave (I usually tip 10% for crappy service/attitude and 30% for great service/attitude), but, in more than one instance, I've asked for change from the waiter and did the math in my head for the amount of change I expected. They'd come back with paper money and no loose coins. For instance, I had a $15.55 bill, gave the waiter a $20, and expected $4.45 in change; oddly, I only received $4.00 from her. As a result, I let her keep the change and didn't mention it to her; however, had she given me the correct change, I had planned on leaving three bucks plus the loose change. She basically lost out on a 22% tip for a 3% tip, simply because she didn't think I'd leave tip at all after I received my change. In the worst case I've experienced, the waiter quit during his shift (based on how much he was complaining to his coworkers instead of taking our food order, it was over some gossip he was involved in at work). When it came time to pay, he refused to give me my change and, even after notifying the manager on duty, I only managed to get roughly half of my change back. As the guy left, he said he, "took what [he] thought was fair" (which ended up being five bucks for a $12 bill), and walked out the door with my change (lesson learned: don't eat at Waffle House at 2 a.m.). So, in short, if you give me correct change, you'll get your fair tip, but, if you try to cheat me out of my change, you'll end up getting maybe 5% from me (unless you take it by force, in which case, you just lost a customer).

I'm "selfish and a cheap skate"? No, the people who are "selfish" are the waitstaff who expect extra money for doing exactly what they were supposed to do. The "cheap-skates" are the employers of the waitstaff who don't pay their employees proper wages, therefore all you dumb Americans are tricked into paying the waitstaff's wages for them, ensuring the circle of idiocy, inaction and greed continues. Have a nice day.

deathfyre8 13

It's this thing called common courtesy, asshole. Learn it, and while you're at it, learn some manners.

m22100 14

Did you slap him with a potted cactus?

Hmm I wonder where you got the idea of a potted cactus from ;) I could never guess

That's pretty rude of him, especially after your service. Hopefully he doesn't come back.

They're messed up for being too childish.

Dillyduzit 23

Are you sure your service was that good? No offense, but I could see them being upset and not leaving a tip if you weren't friendly or something. Although the way they went about communicating that was immature. So I'd definitely say FYL, with a potential YDI.

You did get a tip in some senses of the word

What goes around comes around so try not to stress over it so much

Hubner24 11

That's what you get for EXPECTING a tip you need to earn it... Just because they bought expensive items doesn't mean they thought you earned a tip... But he was a dick FYL.

In the US it is customary to always tip. Servers make less than 3 dollars an hour, and the rest of their income is supplemented with tips, so obviously they were expecting one. There's absolutely no reason for you to assume OP isn't a good server.

tipping no matter what is a stupid custom and I work for the food industry. it empowers Shitty servers to keep their jobs without being good at them. tips is an acronym for "to insure prompt service" so I have to bribe you to do your job?