That one bad friend

By Anonymous - 13/09/2024 02:00 - United States

Today, the woman I am absolutely in love with will only be my friend. I wish I could get her to understand how much it hurts to see her with boyfriends, and only be friends. I'm starting to feel like I can't maintain this friendship because it hurts so much. I don't know what to do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 129
You deserved it 735

Same thing different taste

Alexa, play "Let Me Down Gently" by Spacemen 3

By Heal my butt smh - 24/09/2023 18:02 - United States - Fort Lauderdale

Today, I’ve been waiting for the girl I love to break up with her boyfriend so I could ask her out. It finally happened; however she said she wanted time to heal before she started getting involved with guys again. I respected that decision. There’s just one problem. I saw her in town, hand in hand with another man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 342
You deserved it 984

Top comments

You basically are answering your own question. You can't handle being her friend. It's time to move on. If you are okay with a friendship you should tell her directly that you need your feelings to calm down so you need some time in separation. Or if you think you won't be fine with that, just break the contact altogether. Of course, if you do, you should tell her and not just disappear. She may not feel about you they way you feel about her, but from what you write, she did nothing wrong, so she does not deserve bad treatment. Good luck!

Grow up and move on and don't be creepy. Accept the fact she's just not that into you romantically. It may be also that she cherishes the friendship and doesn't want to ruin it with a romantic relationship.

Comments

You basically are answering your own question. You can't handle being her friend. It's time to move on. If you are okay with a friendship you should tell her directly that you need your feelings to calm down so you need some time in separation. Or if you think you won't be fine with that, just break the contact altogether. Of course, if you do, you should tell her and not just disappear. She may not feel about you they way you feel about her, but from what you write, she did nothing wrong, so she does not deserve bad treatment. Good luck!

Grow up and move on and don't be creepy. Accept the fact she's just not that into you romantically. It may be also that she cherishes the friendship and doesn't want to ruin it with a romantic relationship.

Wadlaen 23

You need to tell her the truth: how much in love with her you are, how much it's hurting you to see her with boyfriends and that you don't feel that there's anything else you can do than to end the friendship.

No... what OP needs to do is grow up, realize this woman will never be more than a friend to him, and put the effort into finding someone who will before he goes full incel and buys an assault rifle.

So he’s an “incel” because he’s heartbroken? People have feelings you know. People are not robots.

Tell her how you feel about her. If she reciprocates, great. But if she doesn’t and dates other people that’s your ticket out. Let her know that you appreciate her being her friend but you may have to go no contact for a while so you can separate your feelings of love for her and heal and move on. I’m sure she’ll understand. Feel your feelings because they’re totally valid. You’re not an “incel” for having feelings. Once you heal and move on, then you can find someone who can appreciate all you have to offer. Sometimes, the people we like don’t like us back. But that doesn’t mean there’s not someone out there who won’t reciprocate. You just gotta knock on many doors until one of them opens. Don’t give up hope.

Tell her you are interested in more than just friendship. If she says no, move on in life and find someone who does.