By Anonymous - 21/01/2013 12:48 - United States - Baltimore

Today, after applying for a job at a tanning salon, I was told they don't hire "naturally tan" people. I'm black. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 340
You deserved it 4 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would fight it, I don't think they can do that. But then again they sound really stupid. I don't know if you'd want to work for them anyways...

Comments

The_F3rris 11

Prepare to have your hopes crushed then. (Not by me but other mean people)

Ah, racism at its finest...or worst. im not really sure...

Valiumknights44 12

Everyone is acting like black people can't/don't ever get a tan. Im black and In the summer I get 3-4 shades darker myself. It's now become a game for me and my Italian/native American friend to try and sync up our tans.

I don't get why people think this is a YDI....sounds racist to me, both from the job & the voting....shame on those of you who did that.

gettingintense 1

When one door closes, another one opens! Maybe you'll find a better place to work. Good luck OP!

I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but maybe he isn't referring to the skin colour... Some companies around here don't hire those who apply to work, but they hire their regular customers who know the most about the business from being a long time customer. Maybe since you don't tan there it wasn't in her interests to hire you, and she just worded it very very wrong.

is that racist??........if its just like a mom and pop single store you probably won't win, but if its a franchise Id talk to head office about that.... good luck

And in Maryland no less. Your fml isn't funny but being in "progressive" Maryland and that happening to you... Pathetic.

Bullshit! That's discrimination! U can sue the SHIT out of them!