By lauren555 - 27/03/2009 03:38 - United States

Today, after finishing a huge French essay, I realized my printer wasn't working. So, I emailed it to a guy in my class to print and then give to me. When I get to French, he said he had already turned his in early and never got my email. It turned out he used mine. I got an F on the essay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 920
You deserved it 18 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cprompt 0

WAYS TO AVOID THIS SITUATION: Take the paper with you to school, print it out at a lab. Take the paper with you to Kinko's, print it out there. Finish and print your paper earlier than the night before. Email your paper to French teacher. Go to a neighbor's house, print it out there. Email it to a REAL friend outside of your class, ask them to print it out and get confirmation that they are. WAYS TO SCREW UP: Email it to a guy in your class and assume he'll get it and dutifully print it out. Don't follow-up over the phone or anything. You're welcome.

So when you showed the teacher the sent email... What did he say?

Comments

I definitely wouldn't say you deserve this one, but if there's still anything you can do about it, you should definitely be able to prove that it was your essay. If the guy's a friend of yours then I really don't see how it's your fault for trusting that he wouldn't be a complete a hole and steal your work.

That happened to me once. In a way. A friend in the same class (err... "friend") claimed they needed help on an essay. I offered to help and they asked if they could see mine to help them get some inspiration. I got called in a few days after turning in the paper for "cheating" because the idiot basically reodered my paper (10 page paper none-the-less). They figured because we had different T.As for the class no one would notice. What sucked is I had to rewrite the paper, but lucky for me the other person failed and wasn't given a chance to turn a new one in. (They explained because I willingly sent the persont he essay I was, to a degree, at fault, because there was no proof that we didn't conspire... but I was given decent time to rewrite it....).

Aish_fml 0

He never said this guy was a friend, just a guy in his class. And if this is true, you're an idiot #46 I don't get it...

I don't believe this for a second, there are too many ways to prove it's your essay.

somecolor_fml 0
kellster 2

That's totally easy to prove, or else I call fake, too.