By hhhhhhhpeterwut - 19/02/2013 03:21 - United States - Bethesda

Today, as my lame excuse to not give a guy I met at a club my phone number, I told him I didn't have a cell phone. Guess what I checked when he asked me what time it was a few minutes later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 357
You deserved it 54 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

darth1 18

You should have just straight up said no.

JR_Goes_Rawr 11

That guy is pretty smart to trick you into revealing your lie. You could have told him you were holding your friends phone, or something like that.

Comments

Austy34 5

You should have said..."AND DO THE HARLEM SHAKE" And awkwardly went crazy as you danced away.

Austy34 5

Whelp, that was derpy. He probably felt really bad afterwards too. When something like this happens again, just be honest and tell the guy you're not interested; it's always better to be straight with these things.

perdix 29

After you rejected this guy, you should have told him to leave you the **** alone. Otherwise, claim your device was an iPod touch or the SIM card was stolen out of your phone.

Well that was always a set up for disaster love

Just say that your cellphone is your mother's. She insisted you take it because she loves you too much & wanted you to have one in case of an emergency. I sympathize with you OP. I feel too guilty after potentially hurting somebody's feelings. But it would have been much easier to just tell the truth.

At which point you should have informed him that this phone was actually your drunken friends phone and you were looking after it for them. Then say you need to go find them and check they're okay before you get in anymore of an awkward situation.

zilla52 12

I do not see how this is a fml for you maybe for him