By fuckedbyretail - 02/02/2013 14:53 - United States - Charlotte

Today, at my retail job, a woman came to my till with her purchases. After I scanned all her items, she handed me two small bags. One was filled with nickels and dimes. The other was filled with cents. Her total was $28.53. The coins amounted to $22.30. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 554
You deserved it 2 753

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Those types of people are a dime a dozen. Why wouldn't she bring enough money to a store? That doesn't make much cents.

Wow. Every retail job I've ever had had a policy stating if someone were to pay with only coins, they had to be rolled. It gave people the opportunity to short the store a few pennies, but that was on the management.

Comments

Most places have laws regarding the amount of coins someone can use in a purchase. For instance, in my province you can't pay more than $0.25 in pennies unless mutually agreed upon. Next time I'd ask management what the policy is on giant coin purchases.

kawaiichick 9

Guess customer has neither seen or heard of a Coinstar machine. That sucks OP.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

I wouldn't have even counted that. I would've told the customer I cannot accept that amount of change and that they need to come back with bills.

Almost worth getting written up for poor customer service for not counting all that change...

I feel like they invented coinstar for this exact reason.

I worked in retail for 5 years that happened every week so we would weigh it.

Next time tell the B!+$h to go to Coinstar. Thats just inconsiderate.

Where does she think she is? Tell her to go to the bank for that.

You should of gave her the collectors discount :)

Look up legal tender laws. Customer can't do anything about it if the store refuses to take the coins past a certain amount.