By Anonymous - 20/11/2014 16:20 - Canada - Sherbrooke

Today, at work, I put on a smile and went to take an elderly gentleman's order. He looked at me, asked if I'd stick a finger in his sweet tea to make it sweeter, then complained that it was a shame I wasn't "on the menu". FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 279
You deserved it 3 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Oh I'm on the menu, sir. You just can't afford me."

Comments

Sorry bout that OP. Creepy yes. But a compliment nonetheless. Take it with a grain of salt.

Am I the only one who finds that kinda sweet

The best thing to do is take it as a compliment. I deal with that all the time too as a waitress. Deal with it in a nice way and you sometimes get a really nice tip :)

everton99 16

While the first part is weird, down south the second part is pretty normal for an older man to say to a younger woman. It's not intended to be creepy down here though, it's usually a compliment.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

It's not and shouldn't be 'normal' for a man of any age to say that to any woman in a situation like that, regardless of where you're from. I don't know anybody who sees that kind of thing as a compliment or an acceptable/appropriate thing to do.

everton99 16

Well, you're a **** that wouldn't know how to take a compliment obviously. Just saying.

lionhead29 9

started off sweet then got pervy

well it's a compliment. a dirty dirty compliment...

Am I the only one that finds old men saying things like that sweet? He probably didn't know he was coming off as creepy. He's probably just a sweet old man calling you pretty!

Yah number 26. What's wrong with this? It's just cute old people talk