By Anonymous - 02/08/2010 05:05 - United States

Today, I finally finished painting a house that took me 3 weeks to complete at 10 hours a day, including weekends, due to my dedication to perfection. When I went to meet with the homeowner for pay day, which was supposed to be $2000, he gave me $200, 5 tacos and then told me to "get the f*** off my lawn." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 896
You deserved it 5 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

throw the tacos at the wall u painted and ask for the money ur supposed to get!

I can't wait to see this on Judge Judy.

Comments

first off, taking 21 days to paint a house is more than excessive, he was probably pissed you took so long. regardless, you SHOULD get paid for the work you did, regardless of how long it took you. do the right thing and take him to court, please do not listen to more than 1/2 of these posts and commit vandalism because then you are not only out the money, but that gives him the right to press criminal charges against you, which is a loose loose situation for you. i hope both parties learned a lesson in all of this. for you, get it in writing and suggest some sort of 'good faith' payment in advance(usually 1/3 the estimated bid is a good start) and on his end, he should ask for an estimate on the time it will take to complete the job, if he is unhappy with the length of time it will take, then he will know in advance and not try to pay you in tacos.

TheDrifter 23

Exactly. In Florida the homeowner also has the legal right to penalize for loss of use and late completion. Last time I was down there (visiting my grandparents winter home) the standard was $100 a day late completion penalty, more if the honeowner cannot use their house and needs to pay for accomodations during the renovation.

weerdgirll 0
trippin10 0

hahaha I'd get all my paint supplies and pour it over front porch or the front walls where everyone can see and just **** shit up hahahaha

CaptaiNiLL 0

just spray paint a huge dick on his wall see how he likes it

anyone918 0

hope you had some kind of contract that he signed. if not, lesson learned.

Jsalcedo23 0

don't tell me you were a pussy and actually walked away.

That's what you get for being here illegally.

barosp 4

YTD for being a dumbass and having rednecks as clients. Dedication to perfection my ass...