By brokeandalone - 21/11/2011 02:05 - United States

Today, I found out my wife has been bribing my daughter to keep quiet about her affair with my boss. That would explain the iPhone 4S, the $500 shoes, the $200 purse, and the professional $300 haircut. They told me it was because she had straight A's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 387
You deserved it 4 019

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mr40Hands 5

Wtf, all I get for straight A's is a new basketball...

That's just wrong, I feel so sorry for you, FYL

Comments

kick her to the curb, and divorce her. then return all of your daughters gifts.and bitch your boss and get a raise. problem solved

omg thats so bull shit i feel so sorry 4 u.also wen i got straight a's i just got an icecream that was really all i got

NullPointer 20

So you found out not only that your wife is a complete bitch, but so is your daughter? I don't know what I'd do. That is just terrible. What they did is pretty much the worst things a person can do.

Sophie_Sovereign 6

Don't blame your daughter. I know how difficult it is to be in the position when you are aware of one of your parents infidelity, and it's really hard to make the decision to tell or not because you don't want to split your family. I doubt the gifts had very much to do with her not telling - it was your wife panicking. Ditch the wife but not your kid. It will have been hard on her too, regardless of the presents.

You're kidding, right? Teenage girl, whose getting given anything she wants just to keep her mouth shut? You ditch Mom and she'll just expect the dad to cover the cost of her $3000 MacBook, and acts incredibly spoiled when he won't. Teenagers don't have the kind of moral compass some adults (Obviously not the wife) have. Ditch em both; OP's got enough evidence to make a clean break of it.

I agree. I think it's ridiculous to expect a child to be responsible for breaking the news of a parental affair. ****** up, even. It's the sort of thing that should be kept between the parents and definitely not involve the child. If the kid found out and the mother lavished gifts on her to keep her quiet, then that's the mother setting yet another terrible example for her daughter. Children aren't responsible for the crap things their parents do. Also, it doesn't say how old the daughter is. People are assuming she's a teenager but maybe she's not, she could easily be younger. I don't think a 10 year old (for example) would have the mental reasoning to handle the situation of discovering her mother's affair and then trying to cope with the mother bribing her. Yet again, it doesn't say how the father found out about the affair. Maybe he found out because his daughter realised her mother was doing the wrong thing and told him the truth.

kmartin12 0

A $300dollar haircut? Really? That's ridiculous!

Time to be one of those dads that leaves. Anyways, they deserve it.