By TooSunnyForSkin - 05/06/2013 04:22 - United States - Huntington

Today, I found out my work gave me a vacation for my performance. It's a trip to somewhere in the Caribbean, with the nickname "The Sunniest Place on Earth." I have skin cancer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 920
You deserved it 4 202

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

I hear the Arctic is pretty nice at this time of the year.

NickaPLZ 26

Wow. At least your work gave you something like that! I hear tons of places are cutting back!

Comments

A little to ironic don't you think? It's like rain on your wedding day. Shall I continue?

avapaige1234 19

Like a free ride when you're already paid?

perdix 29

It's the good advice that you just didn't take?

That song is so bad, nothing in it is actually ironic!

perdix 29

#32, 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife is indeed ironic. Someone who has so many of one type of silverware could be expected to have a few of the other common types.

#32, that's the point of the song. Most everything in the song isn't ironic so that's what makes the song ironic.

perdix 29

Are you sure they are not punishing you for shitty performance? Sending you to your death seems more elaborate and expensive than just firing you. And meaner.

First of all, I am sorry to read about your awful experience you're dealing with right now OP. I do hope conditions improve for you and you eradicate cancer. Secondly, I hope you are able to request a different vacation location due to your medical or at least give away / sell the original vacation to another person.

My apologies #6, I did not see that you have commented similar to what I have commented towards OP. >.

How about using lots and lots of sunscreen, protective clothing and sticking to the indoor activities? (: Get yourself some fresh conch salad! (:

avapaige1234 19

I hope that vacation package is convertible to cash.

Sorry OP. You could always go but find other things to do. :)

monnanon 13

check with your onconologist, you may still be able to go and be perfectly safe witha few precautions. it would be a shame to miss out on the holiday. even if you are in treatment it isnt constant.