By Anonymous - 13/09/2011 05:53 - United Kingdom

Today, I found out that the engineers I work with believe that a woman with an engineering degree working in an engineering company is apparently equivalent to a "secretary for engineers." I am that woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 897
You deserved it 3 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

leadman1989 15

Well they are smart, joking put some boot to ass and show them who's boss!!!

btstig 11

Outwork them to shut their bitching up.

Comments

Wow! What jerks. I've got a story for you: I'm in a kickboxing class, and at first all the boys in my class told me I couldn't fight cause I'm a girl. I practiced real hard and showed them what I got. Now they feel like assholes for telling me I couldn't! Show the guys at your work that you are just as good as them, if not better at what you do. They'll stop with their childish thinking eventually.

malvoliosf 1

OP -- if you came in to work tomorrow and found out that a raccoon had been hired as an engineer, wouldn't you be a little skeptical? I mean, sure, raccoons are smart and all and those masks are adorable, but you don't see a lot of raccoons working engineers, do you? That's where the guys in your office are today. It's not that they don't like raccoons -- err, women, it's just that they don't have a lot of experience with them and it's going to take them a while to get used to the idea of one who can do their job.

...Did you just compare women to racoons? xD

pyrogirl6622 0

Wow We are still in the 50's? Did not know that. More woman work in male dominated jobs these days. Hell where I work more men are mostly cashiers and women work in meat department and produce then men. Hahaha in our store we are all sending them to the front for the "woman's" work!

Women* that's because men are more articulate and women lack communication skills for a week every month.

who would put an engineering company in a kitchen

whisper_White 6

Haha... Not funny. Even though I'd rather be in a kitchen than doing something like engineering it's still wrong that they ignored your qualifications for the job just because your a woman. Men need to learn that we can do just as much as they can.

everything besides driving well, parallel parking, map reading and playing real sports