By Liz - 09/04/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to watch my neighbor's daughter for 10 hours. She wouldn't eat anything I had to offer, so I ordered a pizza for $19 + a $5 tip = $24. Her father came by to pick her up, thanked me, and gave me a $20 bill. I effectively just paid to watch his kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 960
You deserved it 19 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtfdidido 0

$20 for 10 hours is stupid. Why were you even willing to do something without knowing how much you'll get out of it?

Comments

ya should have charged the kid for the pizza, by the slice. next time charge more per hour and ask the parents to pay and supply the food the kid is to eat.

Expensive pizza. If you ordered one, you should have ordered a small, not a large

crowbar729 0

Whats with tipping the dude better than 25%? Did he provide extra services or something? Seriously, 10% is fine, especially since they're already charging you $1.50-2.00 for delivery as is. So why tip so much?

Kitty34_fml 0

Kids won't starve themselves. Give her a peanut butter sandwich. If she doesn't eat it - tough.

ZakkerysMom 0

SCREW THAT! I wouldnt watch that kid ever again. Cheap a$$ dad

20 bucks is shit for babysitting. You should have told that asshole to pay you for the pizza also.

DanceRox9008 0

wow $5 tip? thats really high-usually i give like 2-3. also, i make like $8-10 an hour rather than $2......i would definitely negotiate beforehand in the future. or at least know that theyre gonna give you a decent amount of money.

$20 for 10 hours? that's terrible pay even if it is just one kid. that's some expensive pizza..order a smaller one or go somewhere that isn't so outrageous.

Jennifer83 0

Wow! That's why you say up front how much you will get paid. I got $60 for watching my neighbor's kids for 2 hours...and they were in bed the whole time. Next time, be smarter.