By GracelandDave - 19/03/2009 07:10 - United States

Today, I learned I made the dean's honor list for my college for the first time since attending. I asked my dad if he was proud of me, to which he replied, "when you're as successful as your brother, I'll be proud." My brother is a Chippendale's dancer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 76 380
You deserved it 3 975

GracelandDave tells us more.

Okay, just made my profile. One of you asked what my degree will be in. Right now I'm working on a B.S. in Animal Science and will be trying to get my DVM after that. Also, my brother is a male model and has done a lot of work, but tried college for 1 year. All of you who think this is fake, it WAS exaggerated but what he truthfully said was insinuating that my brother is successful and I am a waste of air until I get my degree. My dad isn't an asshole, but my brother does seem to be his golden child. Honestly, I am not bothered by the comment my dad made, I just found it to be funny when he said it. It is true that male models and Chippendales dancers can make a TON of money, but my brother is not at that level exactly. He is doing a stage production of Chippendales (www.herecometheboys.com). I'm very proud of him, and as for the ladies wanting his number, I'm sorry, he's married. Thanks for the remorse, the empathy, and the doubt. This site is fun, right?!

Top comments

iluvmycatz 0

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic.

Comments

2legit2quitnow 0

#28... Yeah, She is obsessed with my neice! LOL who couldnt be though, the girl is amazing :) Im not mad about it, i just thought is was pretty funny considering i pay my moms bills half the time!

That's why I'm never asking my parents this. Making them proud is my ultimate goal right now but I will never ask them if they're proud of me.

If your brother is like Chris Farely and he's a Chippendale's dancer, that would be a hard thing to beat. I mean if my son, who looked like Chris Farely, made it to be a Chippendale's dancer, I would be so proud, and if my other son got on some dean's list, I would like, "Ewww."

hey 2legit2quitnow, are you from Canada? because I know a program for people to graduate from high school in 2 years. regarding the OP: just keep doing what you're doing, because it's obviously working out alright for you. don't mind what other people think.

inlimbo11 0

Um, humour is apparently not your strong suit. :|

bread_fml 0

What the FMLer failed to mention is that his brother made the dean's honor list three years in a row at Chippendale University.

2legit2quitnow 0

to #34 and #35 I am not from canada, indiana born and raised. it is realistic, considering it happened. its called dual enrolling in HS and college. also, testing out of prereqs. hence the name "2legit2quitnow" ....try keeping up.

Ender_ 0

2legit2quitnow - I know people that have done almost the same thing. Not quite exactly, but I know it can be done. I'm glad that you're not mad about your situation with the whole "being proud of you" thing. That shows that you are real mature. Are you located anywhere near South Bend, IN? I've visited there is why I'm asking. *edit* If I would have just taken the two seconds to look at your profile again I would have seen that you're located in Indianapolis. FML

dg72592_fml 0

#16 I'm not gonna lie, as a high school student reading about your life was really inspiring, congratulations on your success.