By Anonymous - 21/03/2015 08:55 - United Kingdom - Aberdeen

Today, I overheard my dickhead dad telling my girlfriend she's too good for me, then asking if she wants to settle for someone like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 954
You deserved it 2 659

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NakuEh 27

Gotta love dads. Ruining relationships one statement at a time.

Comments

Sneado 20

souds like he's planing to steal the girl

enzozo101 8

i just saw you in the top comments for a post above 0_0

YourOpinionSucks 22

Or does she want a father-in -law like him.

If she actually takes his advice, she wasn't worth it in the first place.

depends on how the son is (him) and also what the dad is trying to do ?

Telling her she's too good for you, but asking if she wants to settle for someone like you???

Maybe it was meant in the way "you don't really want to settle for someone like him do you?" I dunno, that's how I read it

Why is this getting thumbs down? It's exactly how I read it and so did everyone else I showed it to. OP should have worded it better, or at least used punctuation.

NakuEh 27

Gotta love dads. Ruining relationships one statement at a time.

wtg dad! but honestly look at yourself and see if theres truth to his words. man up if so

"Man up" is one of the stupidest expressions I've ever heard. That's definitely not what people want, or need to hear. Everyone is their own person and shouldn't have to change for anyone. It's not encouraging, if anything it brings people's confidence levels down. I understand where it can fit into context, but honestly people just need to let others be themselves.

OP'S dad wasn't saying anything worth paying attention to because he was being an ass. OP'S dad is the one who needs to do some self reflection.

usmc_sean 8

Sounds like your dad is jealous you can do better than he can. No disrespect to your mother though..