By Anonymous - 08/02/2011 18:32 - United States

Today, I saw an attractive, thin woman eating a salad. Trying to be smooth, I approached her and told her that she didn't need to eat so scarcely, because she was beautiful. She promptly gave me a dirty look and informed me that she was a vegetarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 678
You deserved it 50 552

Same thing different taste

Comments

zombunny 2

It's a sad statement about our society when people think that you only eat salads when you want to lose weight. Some people just eat vegetables because they like them. Shocking, I know.

sailorguy 2

If you think that's a smooth line, then you're an idiot.

sailorguy 2

You're an idiot for thinking this is a compliment. What a loser.

kristineszLIFE 0

A simple hello would've been fine :)

giantpinksextoy 0

always smooth, like Keith stone

YDI. Right off the bat you interrupted her meal, implied she had low self-esteem, assumed she was looking for your validation just because you're male, and made it clear that you just wanted in her pants by calling her "beautiful". I'm sure I just made someone reading this yell, "You're a stuck-up bitch! Calling someone beautiful is a compliment!". No, calling someone you know and have some sort of previous relationship "beautiful" is a compliment. Calling a stranger "beautiful" is a red flag because many men think calling a woman "beautiful" is a surefire way to get in her pants and therefore use it to manipulate rather than compliment - so even if you mean it genuinely it still comes off as a major creep factor.

That's still a nice comment. I'm a vegetarian, and unless it's a huge pasta salad or something, I never have just a salad as a meal.