By Anonymous - 08/02/2011 18:32 - United States

Today, I saw an attractive, thin woman eating a salad. Trying to be smooth, I approached her and told her that she didn't need to eat so scarcely, because she was beautiful. She promptly gave me a dirty look and informed me that she was a vegetarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 678
You deserved it 50 552

Same thing different taste

Comments

I don't think there was anything wrong with what you said. when you're a vegetarian, there are so many more things you can eat, other than salad. She's just stuck-up.

i get these types of compliments every time I go to Souplantation.

wow this is the biggest example of how women and men see things differently, he wasn't being a dick he was complementing a women and telling her that she cold feel comfortable eating a big meal in public because there are people who think she's beautiful even if she's eating a big ol' plate, not a dick, it was a complement

It’s not a woman’s job to be beautiful. It’s not the most important thing for a woman to be, nor is it the largest aspiration for s woman.

TodayI got my period, Mum reckons I'm faking it! I can't go to the shops by myself! FML

It's not an insult to vegetarians. First, this is an awkward way to compliment someone. But more importantly, by saying she does not need to eat scarcely *because* she is beautiful (i.e. "thin"), he implies that if she were fat, she would need to eat scarcely, which is just insensitive. Furthermore, he chooses to hit on her by criticizing her meal choice! He clearly isn't a dick, and probably not even insensitive. He was just trying to deliver a clever compliment and didn't realize his lack of wit would cause him to fall flat on his face.

I clicked YDI at the words "trying to be smooth."

it's just generally a bad idea to comment on a girls dietary habits unless you know them really well.

lordcaliburx 0

its so sad when people would go out of their way just to try to show every one on this tread or any FML just how smart they are by correcting some one on grammar. holy **** balls you people a douches. plain and simple. oh look. I showed you up by telling every one you put a comma in the wrong spot. I'm so cool. I am glad people like me because I know proper English or my computer does and I'm just a Dick. now I don't know what to do with all my free time. oh wait. I know. ill become a super hero and show off when people are wrong and how right I am. you are the nerds that snort and say something gay like well you really meant the weight of my atomic balls is roughly the same size of my black hole of worthlessness. i would hit you in the neck if you did this in real life. you are a douch and NO ONE CARES WHEN YOU CORRECT SOME ONE. IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANY THING. my taking a dump is over and so is this post. shit bag.

lordcaliburx 0

no. just needed to vent. these people do it all the time like people care. half if not 75% of the comments that are left are people correcting other people.

And it obviously hurts you in some way if you're making this big of a deal out of it. Oh, by the way, you left out a considerable amount of punctuation and misspelt a few words in your tirade there, buddy.

laurbear12 3