By Anonymous - 25/11/2015 17:30 - Switzerland - Corminboeuf

Today, I told my parents I don't really like children and probably won't have any in the future. They sat me down and gave me a lecture on how people who hate kids are heartless. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 750
You deserved it 3 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Which is worse? Realizing you don't like children and having them anyway to please someone and end up resenting the kid(s) or to just not have kids and disappoint your parents? I'm pretty sure it's the first one.

You and your partners decision, not theirs.

Comments

Tell them it's much more heartless to have kids when you know you don't want them

Don't worry. I hate kids too. I do however, love my own. It is very different when you have to deal with other peoples kids.

Congrats, that doesn't mean op will. For many people, it won't change for their child and then there's a child with a parent who doesn't want them.

Schizo_teddy 4

I'd be cool with that. My mom has always called me evil and heartless for hating kids or family and I've called her weak for letting my sister's kids/and the kids at work walk all over her. She did that for years until she finally started realizing how relaxed I am compared to how stressed she is. You know your temperament, your limitations, and abilities. If you don't want kids don't have them. It's you who will have to deal with them mostly. Not them.

At first I thought it said "chicken" instead of children and I got really confused.

Great, than I'm heartless too. I just don't like little kids.

although they are entitled to their own opinion, in the end it is the decision of yourself and your spouse. keep your chin up and do what you feel is best!!!

OptimusSlime 23

do they not understand the world is overpopulated?

I don't care if you don't want to have children, but you don't have to be mean and say you hate children. Keep it to yourself. After all, you were a child once, OP.

Not this argument again. I hated other children even when I was one. They were loud and whiny then, and they're loud and whiny still.

MonstreBelle 29

Can I just point out that OP never said they hate children? They said they dislike children and probably wouldn't have any. It was their parents that said OP hates children after being told OP didn't want children. Disliking and not wanting children =/= being mean and hating children. Even if OP does hate children, that doesn't make them a bad person nor does expressing their opinion about it. We all have things we hate that other people love. It's only an issue when people take things further than simply expressing their opinion.

And how are we going to stave off the planet's desperate underpopulation? ?

If your parents want grandkids they should just adopt a little kid and pretend it their grandkid.