By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

I don't see why people are voting to blame this on OP. My mum owns a bakery shop and once she had tons of cakes and sandwiches left over so she asked the bum outside if he fancied a sandwich and he threw it in her face. In London some bums can earn around £100-£300 a day ($150-400 dollars...?) from scrounging in the right places with the right stories. There's loads of women who bring their babies to the tube stations with them to get money - you see them all the time.

Say : jesus dont want me to give assholes money ^ - ^

EGS830 0

Don't feel bad, I never give hobos money either. I usually just ignore them, honestly.

tell him to **** off and that its your change that keeps u from being him.

thuryn 2

It's really funny because just this morning I was approached by someone just as I was coming out of Kaldi's with my brand-new copper-plated travel coffee mug, loaded to the top with a mocha and whipped cream. This lady walks up to me and says, "Can I ask you for a favor?" I say, "Sure," knowing what's coming. "Can you spare a dollar?" "Sorry, I paid with plastic." She says, "I'm just trying to get some food," and walks away. Thing is, she was, shall we say, an awfully big girl for someone who is starving. Anyway, she let me alone since I flat out said no. Maybe the OP should just move here.

loveurlifeJK 5

I think #21 is right. And actually very little amount of homeless people are on drugs or alchoholics. About the guy's attitude, yeah. He was kind of a jerk. But, you'd be a little jerk-y if you were constantly being forced out of where you "lived". Homeless people have it rough. And soup kitchens basically give you a tiny bit of food, then they kick you out onto the curb, so obviously he can't stay there. (And to those people who say you should have told him to get a job, first off, the ression. Very little jobs. Plus, it's hard enough as it is to get a job when you're dirty and smelly. Think, people.)

1nicent1 0

You couldn't give money to a homeless guy? And someone following you and yellong at you isn't an FML

Goldfinch86 0

#125, people are not ignorant for not giving homeless people money. Homeless people need real help, they can find that at a shelter it's not anyone's obligation to feed them or give them money. Begging is not only a terrible idea but no one is going to give you money when right now many of us have been laid-off. i live in NYC the homeless people here are ******* rude and crazy. I don't know where the **** you live but here you can get yelled at for not giving enough, giving them food when they want money for drugs and booze, and some of them are violent whether you give them money or not. They have places to go people don't feel bad for them, they can get help but guess what..most of them don't want it. So **** them.

I always say I don't have CASH, because that's the truth. Unless the homeless now carry around ******* credit card swipers, I don't have anything to give them.

You should have thrown your Frapuccino over him. And then walked back and bought another. And then walked past him, again. Just to drive the point home.