By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that the guy might be a fake. Thanks to a news investigation, our area found out that almost EVERY panhandler in my area is a businessman with a real job (or somebody who quit their job to become one) who puts on makeup and raggy clothes, scrawls on a piece of cardboard, and sits on a busy street near rush hour. One of them was on the report bragging and laughing about how much money - and its hundreds per day - they were making off the "generosity of the average person". It was absolutely disgusting. There might be an honest one around, true, but it's led me to be skeptical of people like this in general. You shouldn't give directly to panhandlers either way - you should give to charities that will help them become independent.

you were right not to give him money. maybe if you were feeling generous you could have gotten him something at starbucks instead

lolzforfun228 3

#317: Actually i was middle class. If you dont pay attention in school thats what happens asshole.

random_thought 0

actually, it's still possible for you not to have change now with debit cards and whatnot. plus, you shouldn't be obligated to give a homeless person money. plus, giving money to a charity for homeless will be better than giving them money directly to spend on drugs or whatever ruined their life. I don't think its an FML, tomorrow's a brand new day. Just take a different route!

lolzforfun228 3

This guy might have had some bad luck but usually thats not the case.

thuryn 2

proud_liberal: Please tell me that's sarcasm. I can't tell. It's so outrageous that it's hard to take you seriously.

Hey he said spare change. That change was going 2 be used, so really you wernt lying. Still, fyl.

godhelpme92 0