By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

i relize its not anyones job to help, but is it really hard to give at least a penny? and you should have been smart enough to go another way.

justjayit 0

Bums these days are picky as hell, aren't they?

umm, you dont deserve this at all, he doesnt have a ******* right to your money. people these days are so ******* greedy

_CherryBomb_ 0

He's a bum for a reason... and a rude one at that. I doubt he would have been very greatful for any money thrown his way, if you gave him change he would expect a dollar bill... So **** him :-D But you gave your money to starbucks.... ugh! Mindless Brainwashed Drone.... I really do feel sorry for you

Didn't try telling him you paid with a card?

you should have seen that coming, shouldn't you? :) next time be smarter and less distracted and go another way. besides, anyone who has been stopped by bums more than once in life knows they're not as dumb as you - average guy - could think.

you could've told him to **** off bc you bought it with a card. anyway, you dont owe a bum your money....lazy ass needs to get a job.

**** bums, they could get a job if they really wanted. Companies aren't allowed to discriminate, so the fact they've done time or are dirty or are living in a motel doesn't matter. You work for your money, I agree with every person on here defending the OP. Feeling sorry for bums doesn't make them stop trying to take your money, it encourages their nasty behavior. And anyway, you couldve said "i paid with my card. go get a job fuckface."

Oh and to people saying "give him food" like #32, half of them won't even take it. There's a homeless guy in my hometown that wanders up and down one of the main roads. Everyone recognizes him because he carries a shopping cart full of random shit around...anyways, one day in the newspaper it was talking about how some lady bought him a meal andtook it to him and he started screaming and freaking out and threw the food at her. Best to just ignore them. They could fix their situation if they really wanted to.

Homeless guy should get a job. Plus he'd probably spend hypothetical money on drugs and alcohol. I say the money went to a better cause. Giving the good ppl at starbucks work :D