By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

If you were clever, you could have said, "I have no cash." If that level of deception is too hard for you to figure out, when a bum asks you for money, just say "no."

I cannot decide, sure you lied, but let's face it... The homeless guy is asking for your money, which you worked for... He didn't. He is a begger, I think you made the right choice. I don't hate the homeless, I just hate the lazy.

A firm "NO", with a shake of the head, and you can't be caught in a lie, as you're just communicating that "NO, I'm not thinking giving you money is a good idea". If they follow you cursing, you can also tell them you have loads, but none of it's going to you buddy.........

deaditegirl 0

F his life. Makes sense to me- I have a credit and debit card, but practically never carry cash on me. And even if you had cash, his financial troubles are not your responsibility.

vindication 0

Some people pretend to be bums and don't bother getting jobs because they make so much money doing that. I don't mind sparing some change if the bum in question is DOING something, like playing an instrument or something, but if they just hold signs that say "help feed a brother" or just walk around asking, I'm not going to give anything. It's not selfish not to give to the lazy.

you did the right thing, you should've ****** him up

SilentX 0

You ******* asshole. You could have at least spared 1 damn dollar for the guy.

mouseintern 0

Aside from the issue of whether or not you should have given him money, while he was yelling at you you could have explained you bought it with a debit or credit card and used no cash.

YDI ever hear about sharing...u could've give him at least a quarter...selfish bitch!

You should've told him u used a credit card to pay for the drink