By Anonymous - 25/08/2009 17:03 - United States

Today, I was at the park with my autistic son when I noticed a teenage girl imitating him by flapping her hands and walking on her toes. Fed up with children mocking my son, I went over and sternly lectured the girl's mother. Turns out, her daughter is autistic too and will be in my son's class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 967
You deserved it 23 179

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ligerie 0

Sooo thats good right? under the circumstances? They can be friends =]

I understand why you'd be mad.. A close family member of mine is autistic and it makes me very angry if people imitate him.

Comments

Ligerie 0

Sooo thats good right? under the circumstances? They can be friends =]

Don't worry buddy, you were just trying to look out for your son like a good parent should. #1 is right, the interaction might actually start a friendship :D Good luck to you!

americayay 0

Yes, OP was looking after their son, but that makes them just as bad as everyone else to assume like that.

cactus_fml 0

I would have done the same thing. The other mom probably understands, considering you're both in kind of the same boat. You were just trying to protect your baby, anybody can grasp that.

Totally not a FML. If anything, it's a good thing. Your son's gonna have a new friend.

Jaque_Aze 0

What a douche. Guess he thinks he is the only person who has kids with disabilities... Just sit there and feel stupid.

what, so #43, shes just supposed to presume that anyone who looks although they are immatating her son, is just autistic?

MrGlad 0

It dosn't work like that, mate

10_4Franky 0

Was about to reply the same thing.

10_4Franky 0

Why is it that when you reply to a reply it just puts it under the comment the reply your trying to reply to replyed to.

lendmeyourteeth 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
moomoo88 0

Just had to say, I love your username! I'm addicted to Devendra Banhart, and listened to that song a ton of times before going to sleep. To OP: That sucks! Honest mistake, but it's weird that her child does the same thing. Autistic kids don't often act very similar. They usually have general similar characteristics but nothing so specific. Well...now you two mothers have ommon ground....am I right?

i've seen plenty of autistic kids act that way - it's really quite normal.

If he wasn't doing that, it wouldn't be an imitation.

yeah as if any autistic kid does that -,- Thanks for the offense, now open a goddamn book about autism

bostielover27 20

#251 it is you who should open a book, I have autism and do the same thing it is common in autistic children.

I teach special needs, and that happens a lot. A lot of kids do that, especially autistic kids.

how is this an fml? My brother is severely mentally challenged, people understand that no one wants their kid to be mocked. the other mom would have understood why you'd have given "a stern lecture", so stfu

the point is that she felt embarrassed for approaching the other mother while not knowing that the girl was also autistic. i agree that it isn't a complete FML, but it sure must have been a very embarrassing situation to be in.

nanylove 0

Its clearly a fml because she went over there to tell the mom that the girl was making fun of her soon nd turns on shes not shes like that to. Thas embarrasing. Thats why it is.

spyderman2190 0
doglover100 28

I'm sure the mom now understands and things have worked out.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Ironic how you're being self-righteous now! also, shut the **** up, she wasn't telling the mother how to raise her child, she was defending her son. Big difference. In no way does she deserve this, and it really isn't a FML either since the other mother most likely understood since THEIR SITUATIONS WERE VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL

bluedoll 1

Oh, it IS, is it? While they may have a far away look and "odd" behaviors many people wouldn't first think, "autistic child" they would think "weird kid." Too many people don't know about autism and there is absolutely NO defining physical characteristic about it like there is Down's Syndrome. So shut it. Maybe her son was doing that at that moment and she then saw the girl doing it from a distance and she finally decided to let her anger out. However, she made a mistake. Easy to spot my... Do you know why it often takes so long to spot and until recently there wasn't common knowledge about it? Because it isn't "spotable"

rachelbearrr 0

actually, sometimes people can't tell if someone has autism. my brother has it. some friends picked it up quicker than others.

renaet 0

My little brother does that kinda of stuff too. He always gets dirty looks so I see where you're coming from.

screwtaylor 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

screwtaylor, you are by far the biggest idiot on FML continue to impress us with every new comment, you worthless shit. OP, it is an FML. I deal with the same thing with my younger sister and i would have responded the exact same way after seeing the same thing so many times. just apologize and explain the misunderstanding. the orchids' torturer has spoken.

is that your sign-off?.....that is so cool

screwtaylor 0

Is that the WORST insult you've got? I guess you can't take a ******* joke, huh? Nothing I say on here is serious. So how about you STFU.

have you noticed that no one thinks your jokes are funny?that's because they're not.. you just come across as a rude, immature, ignorant bitch

screwtaylor 0

I may not to be funny to you, but I've got plenty of messages complimenting me telling me that I am. You shouldn't even be calling anyone ignorant when you don't even have correct grammar. You're a hater. Now, good day.

Screwtaylor: Oh, THAT person is a hater? Every comment you make is hateful. Jesus, this site is supposed to be fun. I realize I'm being slightly hypocritical right now by making an angry comment, but there wouldn't be half as many angry responses if you just took everyone's advice and shut the **** up. I highly doubt anyone has sent you messages saying how amazing and insightful your comments are. Go find a forum or something to post bitchy messages and start fights on. Keep FML a little more light-hearted. Or just go run into traffic and help out natural selection. OP- I too don't see how this is an FML. But you didn't really deserve it either.

DanizzleXFoSho 6

I hate you. I really and truly do. Why don't you go get a ******* life? you're not hardcore. You're a self-righteous bitch. I really and truly hope one day you cross the line, and someone curbs stomps the shit out of your hoe ass. So i'll leave you with a **** you and have a nice day.

screwtaylor 0

#74. I don't try to start fights, unlike you. If you don't like my comments then you shouldn't read them. #75. Go eat a donut.

abbymybowl 0

if that's your idea of funny, i suggest you stop being "funny"

screwtaylor 0

.... Okay, I admit this comment wasn't that good. But, STFU. I get it. Ya'll need to have a dick up your ****** so you guys could stop being so ******* bitter.

abbymybowl 0

Maybe if you were close with someone mentally ill you would understand how incredibly insulting your post was.

screwtaylor 0

But, I bet if Borat said it you'd be laughing your ass off.

DanizzleXFoSho 6

lmfao. dude. I love donuts. And Borat wasn't even funny, you ******* idiotic bitch. Oh!! Lets make fun of people on the internet. OHHHH!!! **** haters! Wow, this is a blog website about stupid/funny things people do. Forreal. Go stuck a dick up your pussy and stfu. Just because your daddy never showed affection towards you, doesn't mean you have to take it out on the rest of us.

Matty_No9 0

..............................sigh..............................

cucumberfabulous 7

Okay c'mon, the "go eat a donut" remark was pretty humorous!

screwtaylor, did I promise you the worst insult? pay attention you simple bitch. that's funny... you get "plenty of messages" congratulating you on your wit? I got a handful of messages JUST yesterday on people who are in agreement that YOU need to shut the **** up. beth123/danizzle are right, you do come across as such. and then there is being an asshole. I dunno, I believe I have a great sense of humor. but ive never been and will never be a fan of making fun of people due to handicaps/ disabilities... all factors in which they had NO SAY OR NO CHOICE IN. I will never be a fan of those kinds of jokes whether they come from you screwtaylor, or BORAT or any other waste of oxygen. these are all victims of their circumstances. so, if u are completely fine saying such things, die screwtaylor, go play in traffic or something. go die of swine flu or a cold. It would be the ultimate service to community.

From: screwtaylor lolz I'm so scared of someone who can't even post a picture of their fatass self up.. yet they can act all hardcore over the computer. Kudos. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ok, just read ur message screwtaylor ahhhh lets see. i made my account a couple of days ago. yesterday was my first logon. everything i said in that post i would say it in person, ive said it in person. but all the emails i recieved agree u are definately a internet gangster. i am inclined to agree with the consensus. i do hate to disappoint you, but im hardly a fatass and far from unattractive but to be an uglyass pterodactyl who is hideous inside and out...? dear god, it does suck to be you screwtaylor. ive said everything i needed to say on the issue, i cannot contribute anything new so as u wouldve found out screwtaylor, i have blocked you and will not be checking back on this thread. say u have kids in a few yrs... I hope you are fortunate enough to never find yourself in a situation similar to the OP - in which you would have to defend someone you love from people who are well... very much like you. the orchids' torturer has spoken.

taybaby_ 0

You are by far the dumbest bitch I've ever seen in my life. You think you're funny when you're the farthest thing from it. People like you should be publicly tortured. Seriously. If I ever had the opportunity to beat the pathetic bullshit out of you, I would gladly do it. Just because two people are autistic, it doesn't mean that they have to be together and/or have sex. Someone without a disability could possibly fall in love with his child. If you're so immature and dimwitted that you can't understand how inappropriate and shallow you are, I feel truly sorry for you. Learn how to keep your mouth shut.

LOL i found that hilarious. GO YOU! but anyway, no one can take a joke because they dont have a sense of humor. and before you say omg joking about disableds is bad, your all ******* spewing insults at her for a joke. If you dont find it funny, keep your insults that no one pays attention to, to yourself.

arienh4 0

You're really stupid. Saying that because they're both autistic they can have sex is insulting, there's nothing funny about it.

xJessTaylorx 0

My brother has a tic disorder, my cousin is autistic, and my other cousin is almost completely physically and mentally disabled. I hate it when people with dissabilities are made fun of or people make crude jokes about it. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. Do everyone a favor and just delete your comment. Oh and on a lighter note in my grade there's an autistic boy who's in a relationship with someone without dissabilities and they're adorable!

carde004 0
Kirlyfoo 9

We still talkin about the autistic sex thing? Yeesh! I thought was funny

I understand why you'd be mad.. A close family member of mine is autistic and it makes me very angry if people imitate him.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
arienh4 0

There's nothing true about that whole paragraph. Autism isn't black and white, it's a spectrum. Basically, what you're describing is the difference between low-functioning autism (what you described as Kanner's) and high-functioning autism (what you described as Asperger). Those are two sides of the sprectrum. I, myself, have Asperger, but I have a lot of friends who are diagnosed as having PDD-NOS. So, to sum it up, I do think you have some idea what you're talking about, but definitely not the whole idea.

i'd have to be a professor or something to get it all

arienh4 0

No you don't, I'm a 14 year old guy and I know most of it. I do understand you though. :-)

Yeah, though it isn't exactly a spectrum. It isn't really the case that some people are more high functioning and some people are more low functioning. Autistic people have a mix of traits and some can affect them more than others. So it's not really fair to say one person has autism "better" or "worse" than others, it can be more complex than that. I can do some things better than some people with autism, and other things I am very bad at doing.

I have aspergers and I have more than 16 qualifications (I'm 17). I also won awards for my hard work in the community and been in newspapers. I love who I am and people should stop downing autistic people.

I'm autistic and have been going to college for almost 2 years now. I'm doing a very high level course and will be staying at college for at least another 4 years. I play multiple instruments, speed read and I am a very fast learner. I am intelligent, I guess, but have a lot of trouble doing things by myself (for example; I can't cross a road because I have no sense of danger, I can't use public transport on my own, I can't fold my clothes, I can't cut up my food etc). It doesn't mean I'm stupid or have a low IQ. What you said was very offensive and ignorant... Please, go on Google and just do some basic research; it's not that hard.