By GT716 - 07/04/2009 12:50 - United States

Today, I was at work at a local hot dog chain. A child (about 10, who I've seen there before) came in to order food for his Dad. He orders very excitedly, and I told him he'd be a great worker here when he gets older. He said "oh no, my Dad says I'm too smart to work in a place like this." FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 025
You deserved it 13 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trix_Disorder 20

LAWL. Love these fast-food ones. Someone's gotta work at 'em. I used to, to pay for college.

rushquickfast 0

Haha, that kid sure told YOU! Don't feel bad though, a job is a job. Too many people don't even have a job.

Comments

timemaster666666 0

soo soo so so so many versions of this FML.

silverwind_fml 0

I doubt that kid is going to college, much less high school. Don't feel bad.

That kid's father will eat his words when he realizes that most young teens have no choice but to work at a similar job. What a condescending asshole. I hate when people make the assumption that you're working at a job like that because you're not doing anything better with their lives. Many of them are paying for college, and I respect them a hell of a lot more than those who don't work while attending school.

theshewolf 0

Dad is a prick for telling his son that. A lot of people (including myself) work fast food to pay for college.

well hes right. All these fmls that start with "Today i was working at Burger King," thats what u get for working at a fast food. thats an fml by itself

piderman13 0

I'd tell my kid the same thing [-;

So? Maybe he is too smart to work for a place like that!

Ox_Baker 0

Honestly, if my son told me, "when I grow up, I want to work in a hot dog stand, so I could eat hot dogs all day," I'd probably tell him that he was smart enough to get a better job.

TehMolly 0

Oh damn... I'd have cried...

eeee93757 0

So what? He's being honest? Some of us have potential and ambition, and want to get a real job instead of wasting away in the fast foot industry Now if you're a teenager or using it to help pay for college or maybe as a 2nd job for extra cash (hopefully your 1st job is a good one), it doesn't matter that you work there but seriously...people who know they can do better aren't going to lower themselves to minimum wage jobs. And seriously, what kind of dad would that be if he said "Son, you're only going to be let down in life. More likely than not, you're going to work at a hot dog stand, so I hope you acquire a good taste for them." A good dad isn't going to tell his kid that he isn't going to do any better than the fast food industry just to help your pathetic self esteem. YDI.