By daninalani - 11/03/2012 22:37 - United States

Today, I was discussing the possibility of other life in the universe with my friend. She said the universe isn't big enough for it to be possible, and that we would know about it already, because "there are only 8 planets in the universe." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 356
You deserved it 3 275

daninalani tells us more.

FML bc i spent all morning trying to tell her about how big the universe was. she just got angry.

Top comments

miz_kamakazi 11

F HER Life if she thinks that! Let me guess, she's a 4 year freshman at UCLA, her favorite color is clear, and she wants to become a veterinarian because she loves children. SMH

Comments

We live in the milky way galaxy, which consists of 8 planets sans Pluto.. That's probably what she meant, in which case she would be correct.

Oh my God, you people saying the girl was right, please don't breed. There's a whole bunch of planets already discovered in the Milky Way galaxy alone. There's between 200 and 400 billion stars in it, and there's estimated to be about that many planets, too. Please, get a goddamn education.

Of course. Natural Selection can't apply to humans anymore, because of our ability to prolong our lives past reproduction. So natual selection can't filter out idiots like op's friend.

It scares me how scientifically illiterate a fair amount of people are.

There's 9 sun mercury Venus earth mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neptune dummy........I'm not serious

You know its not "sun" right? The sun's name is Sol.

the sun is not a planet and that's what he was trying to joke about.

Sounds like someone needs to go back to school lol

Immolate 11

The future of the United States...wow we're going to screw this up....

Immolate 11

The future of the United States...wow we're going to screw this up....

ebow223 0

Except for the fact Pluto isn't a planet anymore and there is only 8 planets...

Are people really this stupid or is there an abudance of trolling on this FML?

GottaCoconut 3