By Anonymous - 17/05/2009 03:13 - United States

Today, I was driving home. It was late and I wanted to get home so I started speeding. I didn't wanna get a ticket so I slowed down everytime I saw a car that could be a cop, judging by headlights. There was a car with a busted headlight so I sped up. Couldn't be a cop car. It could. $216 proof. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 880
You deserved it 56 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you know, that because he had a busted headlight.. you could've got him too. You may have $216 fine, but he could've lost his job over not taking good enough car of the police vehicle. :)

Ironic how you decide to break the law to get home quicker and it ends up taking longer than ever. that's why you just try to drive drive the speed limit. logically you will get home quicker, but based on what actually does happen you don't. moral of this story, just drive carefully and you will get there faster and more importantly safe.

Comments

I don't know where you're from, but at least in Virginia, a police man with a broken anything is not allowed to administer tickets. You can DEFINITELY fight that in court. Or maybe just stop speeding?

Speed limits exist for a reason you know >_>

too bad you didn't realize that... IT'S A TRAP!

MrBadLuck 0

I see cops speeding all the time. I've seen them with broken headlights. I've seen them do illegal turns without putting on their lights. Cops generally act like they are above the law.

YDI for speeding. Just drive like a sane person, you'll get there just as fast.

Blue_Coconuts 7

I love all the cop haters... Just because you're too stupid to follow the law, doesn't make a cop a "bully". And trying to fight it, probably wouldn't work either. Because all they have to say to win is "I did my PMCS (Preventative Maintainence Checks and Services) and it was fine, so it must have gone out during my patrol".. So suck it up, pay the 200 bucks, and learn your lesson. Speeding usually doesn't get you home any faster anyway, especially if you're in a city.

compasseagle89 8

"aw gee, i wonder if i speed and get a ticket, then post the story on FML, people wont think that i deserved it!" moron. just in case you cant figure this one out, YDI

You know what? This is totally an FYL. I got two speeding tickets in 2005/2006, and as such, I have been a lot more careful with how I drive these days. I always look out for signs of undercover cop cars, such as the headlights, the hidden police lights, or other things that might rule out police. A broken headlight would have probably signaled to me that it wasn't a police car either, so yeah. Too bad, sucks for you, I feel your pain.