By Anonymous - 17/05/2009 03:13 - United States

Today, I was driving home. It was late and I wanted to get home so I started speeding. I didn't wanna get a ticket so I slowed down everytime I saw a car that could be a cop, judging by headlights. There was a car with a busted headlight so I sped up. Couldn't be a cop car. It could. $216 proof. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 880
You deserved it 56 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you know, that because he had a busted headlight.. you could've got him too. You may have $216 fine, but he could've lost his job over not taking good enough car of the police vehicle. :)

Ironic how you decide to break the law to get home quicker and it ends up taking longer than ever. that's why you just try to drive drive the speed limit. logically you will get home quicker, but based on what actually does happen you don't. moral of this story, just drive carefully and you will get there faster and more importantly safe.

Comments

laura171717 0

Didn't you ever read the story of the Tortoise and the Hare when you were a child? Slow and steady wins the raise. This upsets me that so many people agree with speeding. By doing so, you are endangering lives. Maybe you don't have enough respect for your life to care, but you should at least respect the lives of others. What if a child had ran out, in front of your car? YDI

jasax1 0

My god a lot of cop-haters here. Maybe if people didn't break the laws, they wouldn't get tickets. How do you know the headlight didn't go out that day, and they were going to get it fixed when they could? But whatever kids. Just remember who you call when you get robbed, or when any other misfortune like that happens. It is simple: YDI for breaking the law.

Jimbo2000 0

You break the law. They give you a ticket. How the hell is it there fault? Did they make you speed?

#22 ftw! Most of you are ignorant morons! Regardless of the cop breaking the law or not, the OP did still break the speed limit.

This isn't really an fml, people get tickets all of the time and YDI for speeding. There's a reason these laws are created. Usually its to protect you and other people.

littlebigperson 0

I think the fml is in the part where he thought the car wasn't a cop and got busted but yeh the ticket part is something op should get used to if he keeps speeding

#5, you're a fool. A cop cannot lose their job for that. In most states, municipalities, and countries in this country, the cars are taken to shops. OP- Because they are taken to shops, you have the legal right to request information on the car, such as when the radar gun was last calibrated, because if it is off, you get out of the ticket. The fact that he had a blown light, means you might not get a ticket, if you show service records, again, which you can obtain via your legal rights. You should call the issuing department, and ask how you go about to subpoena those records for your court case. Always contest it. Good luck.

YDI it for not knowing how to speed without getting caught

YDI for speeding. Thats ignorant. People die cause of that.

**** the Po Po. But honestly, you're a dumbass. Don't assume that the police are above using tricks, its how they catch criminals. Don't try to go more than 5-7 over the speed limit. Don't go faster than other cars around you. Don't speed in the left lane. It really isn't that hard.

Hey dingleberry - get yourself a freaking radar detector! Duh! Cheaper than a speeding ticket or two. I recommend the Valentine 1, as it has saved my bacon more than a few times.