By Anonymous - 17/05/2009 03:13 - United States

Today, I was driving home. It was late and I wanted to get home so I started speeding. I didn't wanna get a ticket so I slowed down everytime I saw a car that could be a cop, judging by headlights. There was a car with a busted headlight so I sped up. Couldn't be a cop car. It could. $216 proof. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 880
You deserved it 56 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you know, that because he had a busted headlight.. you could've got him too. You may have $216 fine, but he could've lost his job over not taking good enough car of the police vehicle. :)

Ironic how you decide to break the law to get home quicker and it ends up taking longer than ever. that's why you just try to drive drive the speed limit. logically you will get home quicker, but based on what actually does happen you don't. moral of this story, just drive carefully and you will get there faster and more importantly safe.

Comments

jway128 0

cops aren't allowed to drive with broken equipment. Take it to court and argue that his vehicle was unsafe to drive and that he shouldn't of been on the road. I know to some people it may not make sense but it is a valuable argument. You could even say that because the broken headlight it made you worry so you sped up to get away. You did not t want to get in an accident because someone couldn't see you properly through their one headlight.

reckless endangerment of other drivers.. YDI

deaditegirl 0

YDI. The cop shouldn't have had a broken headlight, but that doesn't negate the fact that you were speeding and thus deserved a speeding ticket.

#64 is correct, you can most likely argue that in court and get it reduced to non-moving. FYL I find all these whiny "YDI" babies humorous - get owned, suckers! :D

Kitty34_fml 0

YDI for speeding. And to the people saying the cop shouldn't be driving with a broken headlight: maybe it JUST happened. Maybe he was parked and someone hit it, or maybe someone drove by him and hit it. Should he call for backup to drive him around and let the car with the busted headlight sit there until it can get picked up by a tow truck? Come on. Go ahead and take it to court. I hope you do and waste your time because they won't rule in your favour. "Um, yeah, I WAS speeding, but his headlight was broken!" How does that change the fact that you were speeding? You will still have to pay the ticket, regardless of the technicality.

#69 why is it okay for the cop to break the law? It's hypocritical to say that it's fine for a cop to break traffic laws, but someone else that does it deserves a ticket.

BB_baby 0

69 the cop shouldn't let the car just sit there they should go back to the station get the headlight fixed THEN and ONLY THEN after they get it fixed should they be back on the road writing tickets

you should sue the police car for reckless driving. those assholes always pull people over for having only one headlight. they should be illegal for policework without both headlights working.