By Anonymous - 10/10/2010 21:47 - Canada

Today, I was eating Jell-O and was reading a fact website, when I read that gelatin is made from the collagen in cow or pig bones. I'm vegetarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 529
You deserved it 68 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm guessing you haven't been a vegetarian too long. Any respectable vegetarian knows gelatin is made from animals. YDI

kellanlvr 1

I learned that in 2nd grade -___-

Comments

not only are you a vegetarian, you are also a dumbass

vegetarians are fools. humans are omnivores. we have teeth for meat and non meat foods. youre supposed to eat both, you tools. we have molars and canines.

One thing I dont get. Why be vegetarian to protest slaughter of animals? Those animals exist to be slaughtered. They cannot live in their numbers out in the wild, just imagine 50 million cows bounding thru a field. They also wouldnt exist if it werent for humans needing meat. Another thing, protesting wont grant life to dead cows. The thing is, theyre dead and wouldnt have lived in the first place if it werent for someone needing dead cow. Animals couldnt have reached their current, mass produced factory farmed numbers if it wasnt for people wanting meat and they only exist because someone wanted food. They owe their lives to us, so we take them. srry my comment sux, its 1:30 and im hallucinating a bit.

monnanon 13

many veggies protest the treatment of farm animals not the fact they die. They may be there for our food but imo they should have a happy life in the interim. They get pumped with growth hormones, taken from their mothers and raised in tiny pens. That isn't fair. Im not a veggie but i try to make sure I eat free range eggs and meat from RSPCA approved farms. You can never guarrantee your meat is truly happy tho

Constant_Sigh 0

@170 - I thought plants took carbon-dioxide and made oxygen, which we need to breathe. In my opinion, vegetarians and vegans are more of a nuisance to this planet than omnivores are because they aren't eating the excess animals that produce carbon-dioxide also. In other words, stop eating our oxygen

You may not have realised this, but cows, pigs and chickens are herbivores. They eat plants. In order to get 1kg of meat, you have to have fed that animal far more than that per unit mass. So by not eating animals, you're actually consuming less "oxygen", as less plants need to be grown. Something like 90% of the world's edible food crops are fed to livestock in order to produce meat. Consider it like this: Plants obtain energy from the sun. Herbivores obtain energy from plants. First-level carnivores eat herbivores. Second-level carnivores eat the first-order carnivores. Roughly 90% of energy is lost between each stage, as it's used by the organism to grow, reproduce, etc. So the higher-up you are on these levels (they're called trophic levels), the less energy-efficient your diet is. The most energy-efficient source of energy is the sun, but humans can't photosynthesize so the most achievable level of efficiency is to eat plants. With the carbon dioxide point, yes, the livestock industry produces more greenhouse gases than all forms of transport in the world combined. If we stopped mass-breeding animals for us to eat, and ate the plants instead, we'd be both reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increasing the capacity for oxygen production.

NightGod 0

How did you not know that? I learned that in like 2nd grade...

viiruz 0

i totally feel you....us Muslims are not suppose to eat pork for religious issue, and I had been eating those for years....not good..

you learn something new every day.. i didnt knew that gelatin was made of that...